mad tanks and chrono is OP

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
kikadf

mad tanks and chrono is OP

Post by kikadf »

RA multiplayer is unplayable, because of mad tanks with chrono is OP. No tactic, just fast build mads after chronoing to the enemy. Like every 3 min an abomb...
Maybe solve the issue, if possible to chronoing only 1 mad tank or enlarge the build time of mad tanks.

Opinions, ideas?

melons

Re: mad tanks and chrono is OP

Post by melons »

Custom maps could stop them using chrono, reduce their damage inflicted or increase build time. I think the effect of them depends on the map size and how spread out people's bases are

ThunderStruck115

Post by ThunderStruck115 »

You do realize that Chronoshifting is an Allied ability and the MAD Tank is a soviet unit?

errorgance

Post by errorgance »

ThunderStruck115 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 am
You do realize that Chronoshifting is an Allied ability and the MAD Tank is a soviet unit?
ever hear of a team match? I hear people like team matches, even in strike on box format.

a fancier fix would be to reset mad tank's charging when chronoed.

or a simpler fix would be making mad tanks immobile structures when deployed, just like an MCV.

DVoid

Post by DVoid »

I can't see this making red alert unplayable because if it can't be done in 1v1 games it's probably not a big concern for most players. I see 1v1 games as the most competitive. There are loads of players that love team games so they might have a different opinion to me but if it doesn't have an impact on competitive 1v1 games then I think red alert is safe for now. Did any players use the chrono mad tank combination in the team tournaments recently. I have not seen it done myself.