Bob's BAN LIST (Updated 2021-10-30)

Updated ban list with usernames. Admins can you please not delete it this time. I'm putting it back up because people keep asking for it.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
melons

Re: Bob's BAN LIST

Post by melons »

Its just some random anonymous person doing it, start with message spamming the n word then later limits the connection usually after killing a team mate, apart from keeping a list of IP ranges to ban not much more people can do.

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

should have a unique hardware ID/install UUID, then it would be harder to do this...

Austrinker

Post by Austrinker »

also u can see in the picture its an unregistered account. I got mine registered at least 4 years ago

annoying namefakers...

Antarctica

Post by Antarctica »

post has been edited by 9's hacker, because it was composed of lies and defamation
Last edited by Antarctica on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vodka84

Post by Vodka84 »

kimjh wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:35 pm
in fact I run Xeon 3rd gen quadcore and game runs fine, without lag - EU No Mines. but I agree that there are people who lag as hell.
Guessing its a desktop cpu

Vodka84

Post by Vodka84 »

zypres1 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:53 pm
Well, could have been someone taking your name (written wrong).. But then again we have to beware of that happening again on that nick, so please (continue to) play with profile, then you should be safe.....Image
It makes the point of why we need the ips in the list. either everyone needs to be forced to register or you need a way to identify the laggers.

Austrinker

Post by Austrinker »

Greets,

watch out for this guy, constant trolling, fake ip, accusing me, slowing game down to ultra lag, also racism.

replay https://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repl ... y_overview

edit few minutes after that game:
a few minutes later i see him taking my name and joining next game: Image

jollyclownkiller

Post by jollyclownkiller »

There is no need for this.

jollyclownkiller

Austrinker

Post by Austrinker »

this picture doesnt show my account. Its unregistered i bet. My account is registered since many years. Why u dont show the whole picture ?

There u could see this spam comes not from my account

jollyclownkiller

tell me why anyone would use your account? Make another account. Stop using that name because if anyone did that with my account then I would not want to be associated with it.

If I see the name Austrinker, whether or not that is you, I will kick you from the server and I will leave a game if the name Austrinker shows up.

Austrinker

Post by Austrinker »

Do you even understand the difference between registered and unregistered accounts ?

first of all nobody is using my original account, besides me as its protected by password. There is somebody who uses my name, not my account. As alrdy written my account is registered and not unregistered. Secondly what u are doing or not doing, if u kick this fake account or not, doesnt care me at all. Third u still didnt show the whole screenshot (maybe because all could see its not my account?)..... how pathetic is this? Fourth i had zero complains since years from anybody in the openra community and now u come along, posting something from clearly not me and sticking to that story ever since.....
You will kick the name Austrinker whenever u see ? got no problem with that, also i got no problems with fakers writing some trash about me, i just dont care. So u think i should make a new account because of this? I dont care with what the name is associated because there will never be complains about my registered account ;) everyone can create a new account and name it any name he wants and write some trash about others.

So let me tell u something, i will continue using my acount like the years before, playing openra as registered player and having fun. What u think or what namefakers think is completly irrelevant for me. In other words: I dont care :lol:

melons

Post by melons »

jollyclownkiller wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:01 pm
tell me why anyone would use your account? Make another account. Stop using that name because if anyone did that with my account then I would not want to be associated with it.

If I see the name Austrinker, whether or not that is you, I will kick you from the server and I will leave a game if the name Austrinker shows up.
It's not just his account, unregistered anonymous players can use any names they want, they use the name of registered players to try and gain credability.

The text spam should have been fixed by now or at least limit it somehow as its not good this can still be done now...

Area51

Post by Area51 »

I just played with blood and it started lagging AF during the game, once he left everything was cool again ... but also watch out for CoronaKevin, he does some 2vs1 shit when he is not having a chance against you

Laggfest

Post by Laggfest »

Hi, recently Bob told me that i am on the ban list & kicked me from a game on europe.
I experienced that europe games were prone to running slowly and first thought that i was kicked
because people suspected me of deliberately slowing down the game which despite my player-name is not intentional.

I wondered why, googled and found this post.
I did not lagg on purpose, but do use an older machine that has a I5 cpu which at least for me explains the slowdown and the ban.
Therefore i want to apologise to any players that may have been annoyed because of my presence in a given game on the europe map.

From now on i shall avoid playing on europe until i have a more up to date system, I do wonder if i can still take part on smaller maps (like 1v1) before that happens since openra is the only game i run today.

Best regards,