OpenRA and Apple M1

Getting information whether or not OpenRA will be compatible with Apple M1 processors

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Mortov Molotov

OpenRA and Apple M1

Post by Mortov Molotov »

Hi everyone,

After doing a little search on this forum, I don't think that the future for OpenRA via macOs has been addressed yet (or maybe I really missed it).

Anyway, with the switch of Apple to ARM in mind, my questions are these:

1. Will OpenRA be compatible via Rosetta2?
2. Is a universal binary easy to develop? What about the switch to .NET 5?
3. And if so, are there any concrete plans in that direction?

Thank you very much for your time & effort

Kind regards

Mortov Molotov

Sleipnir

Re: OpenRA and Apple M1

Post by Sleipnir »

1. M1 hardware has been available for a couple of months now, and I haven't seen any reports of problems. This probably means it is working fine under Rosetta.
2. .NET5 doesn't support universal binaries, but this appears to be planned for .NET6 later in 2021.
3. We'll do what we can, but can't plan much without the runtime support or M1 hardware to test with.

dote11

Post by dote11 »

I have a MacBook Air with the M1 and Open RA works fine. I have played a couple games and haven't had any issues so far.

mistryzop

Post by mistryzop »

I was trying to see what all little games i could play on my mac I used to really like wizard 101 but idk if i wanna go back to that. What do yall play? I just wanna use the macbook a little more than just for browsing

lcp2002601

Post by lcp2002601 »

mac pro m1, display fullscreen height is incorrect. I think mac proj has camera...

melons

Post by melons »

Full screen isn't accounting for the camera notch and it pushing the screen down so a certain amount can't be seen at the bottom, so missing about 1cm off the bottom of the game, it does work on a second monitor but be better if they fix the notch issue in the next update.

Full Screen (Legacy) works fine however this means you can't switch out of the game or use 2 screen.