Chronosphere changes, chronostorm

An attempt that i know will not go well but f it.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
ROCKhardFISTnips

Chronosphere changes, chronostorm

Post by ROCKhardFISTnips »

Hello all
Im new here..
Iv been jokingly asking for chrono storm, but iv come too realize it is actually a great idea and im sure it wud be taken more serious if it were not coming from me...

But heres the thing.
Chrono is junk. Fails in comparison too iron curtain by a long shot and is just stale, almost not even worth building chrono unless you are germany..

My suggestion is not only storm but also changing the normal chrono as well

So you get sumthing like this...
Example

Chronostorm for france( call it unstable chronosphere )
Chronosphere for germany ( unchanged, remains the same)
Chronosphere for england ( 5 units that permanantly stay after being teleported )

For storm i understand it is a balance issue and it cant be as good as the original ,,, but guess what... it was in the original haha so thts a good thing its not sumthing new. It wud just be nice since iron curtain is guarenteed value, that allies cud have an oppurtunity too always have value from chrono. And it can be good againat buildings only, inf only, tanks, wutever.. it can be balanced.

We have been talking about how it is a buff but also an indirect nerf wen the units get teleported back after the chrono time is up... i think it wud add alot of versatility too allies too have different chronospheres per faction.. i know england is an issue given it is just bland and filler...well by giving them a chrono that permantly teleports 5 units, people actaully have a reason too pick them as right now theres no point, MGGs are useless, and cheap spies is like .. meh, not game changing lol

This change suggestion is not out of this world at all.. chronostorm and its code is in the original.

The main purpose of this change is too buff chrono while making it fun and versatile.. and giving allies more diversity among the 3 sub factions.

poop

Re: Chronosphere changes, chronostorm

Post by poop »

u gota be more smarter with chrono

ROCKhardFISTnips

Re: Chronosphere changes, chronostorm

Post by ROCKhardFISTnips »

It fails in comparison too iron curtain.. how can u be smart with chrono wen its impossible too target enemy tanks while there moving... thats jus 1 example..

Yeah you can be smart with your own units sure. But its not that simple..
In a 1v1, whos gunna have time too have 5 med tanks or artillery in there base always as chrono fodder... show me one high level replay that has happened.. chrono is just not a high priority as an allies player...

Yea u can teleport on top of infantry but thats only covering 5 tiles. So your army vs his army.. maybe u dont have 5 tanks at base ready too be chrono.. you gotta take your frontline tanks , form them up, and then you teleport crush... but they jus get massacred anyway. Its not worth it..

And chrono mcv.. has that ever happened in a high level 1v1 game? Probobly not.. cuz its too inconsistent. The risk reward is usually not good...

In teamgames on the other hand yes chrono can be great.. but thats becuz you got teamtes too hide behind.... in 1v1, theres a reason you dont see it ever, cuz it sucks.

My point is you can be a smart as humanly possible with chrono.. but you just simply aint gunna get the value you get from Iron curtain