tips and tricks for RA?

hey there just wanting to learn more about the game I know most of what I need to know but would like to know more!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
psybanrath

tips and tricks for RA?

Post by psybanrath »

hey there just wanting to learn more about the game I know most of what I need to know but would like to know more!

Blackened

Re: tips and tricks for RA?

Post by Blackened »

Have you taken a look at the ORA academy discord server? It goes indepth on things to make you play better.

https://discord.gg/C2CadJT

flexibleepoxy

Post by flexibleepoxy »

strongest boost I found is to use scout aircraft whenever possible for doing anything

Punsho

Post by Punsho »

flexibleepoxy wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:16 pm
strongest boost I found is to use scout aircraft whenever possible for doing anything
That's a pretty bad advice. The strongest unit in OpenRA is the rocket soldier, it has huge dps for its cost. It is countered best by riflemen, but both riflemen and rocket soldiers have little heath and little vision. That's where tanks come in, they provide vision for infantry and can protect them. Having just these 3 types of units makes for entertaining gameplay and has tons of strategy to it. Other units and buildings feed into this core composition. Aircraft on their own can't do much, you can pick apart your enemy with em but if you don't get your core army up he will likely rebuild faster than you can kill stuff