parabomb too strong?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
flexibleepoxy

parabomb too strong?

Post by flexibleepoxy »

so I have been playing this game for last two months on and off and I noticed that parabomb is really strong. No units save for chrono tanks can dodge this thing and its like a little nuke. The demo-truck seems to have alot more utility in money maps (which are kinda dumb), so I think its OK. On a wide map you can micro apaches or whatever to look for em once someone gets creative. However, I just played a big wide desert map and I still noticed, you cannot dodge para bomb.

It seems fair that you can destroy holed up units that have trouble pathing with a para bomb (i.e. clogged ramp or mud-bridge) but it seems too fast, especially if you make a hole in someones defense wall and you have some units bunched up to avoid tesla coils or artillery spread between buildings and defenses.

Its a on demand grid eliminator and it makes Ukraine super dangerous. It just seems disproportionate compared to other factions. All 3 allied factions require you to micro your balls off to use the power (chrono tank is micro intensive, spy is micro intensive, phase transport is really micro intensive and planning intensive, gap generator is micro intensive). Tesla tank is fairly micro intensive (its like artillery thats a bit better and more mobile), shock trooper is pretty damn easy, the demo truck is gambling and the para bomb is downright easy. Should it be this easy?

Maybe gas bombs or something that will not total everything if you are paying attention? have them fly higher to make it harder to shoot down but also a little easier to dodge? I mean its cool but I ask myself why I am not playing ukraine every time I see it compared to trying to sneak a phase transport into someones base or hoping a yak train does not snipe my gap generator.

and rofl @ puskyfly emojis I thought that was all dead. I played CNC3 online and it feels like it was developed by someone with a concussion from being whacked in the head by a 2by4, you guys need to fix the next releases. No wonder this game is good

Ideas for other mods : allow infantry to ride on exterior of vehicles but take anti armor damage in full while being transported. maybe its enough ukraine welds some handle bars on the tanks (not saying garrison, just unsafe transport). I assume in a real WW3 they would have vanguard type abilities that would spearhead incursions into europe with massive mobility. shooting out of APC is kinda ridiculous because the soviet already have an anti air vehicle (its pretty ridiculous to think there would be a modern conflict without anti air vehicles on both sides but I assume this would some how destroy balance, and having flame or grenade APC building wreckers would be pretty op also).

Punsho

Re: parabomb too strong?

Post by Punsho »

With what gamespeed are you playing? Parabombs were made for normal speed

flexibleepoxy

Re: parabomb too strong?

Post by flexibleepoxy »

playing more I found that it is possible to use aircraft to scout around your forces to try to dodge it

good way to protect navy actually, on the ground it is much harder to use. The amount of chaos this ability produces is proportional to the number of opponents. Not really practical in a heavy setting, requires good communication and vigilant teammate that spot badgers.

Also, should demo truck explode in transport boat? :?