How to add units from build order to existed group?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
luarocks

How to add units from build order to existed group?

Post by luarocks »

Hi! I'm a noob of this game and actually of all this genre. My first step on learning this game was adaptation all controls to make them as comfortable as possible. So, I've changed all keys, make WSAD camera movement and rebind other hotkeys witch is located too far from WSAD to closer alternatives.

My second step is learning some tricks like unit grouping and switching between important things by keys. So, ctrl+number to create group of units and just number to select this group is pretty cool feature, I like it, but I found very uncomfortable to update my groups over time when new units are created. I want to be able to add in some existed group all units from building order, but it seems not possible :?

Maybe you can give me some hints how to deal with it, how to manage units more efficient? I know that I can just press Q to select everything, but I feel that it's a very primitive and noobish way to control your army. Thank you and sorry if my English is poor.

lawANDorder

Re: How to add units from build order to existed group?

Post by lawANDorder »

Units can't be added to control groups automatically, but you can add selected units to a control group. See https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Hotkeys for some more important hotkeys that are not shown in the game settings.