AI bots too hard

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
lzap

AI bots too hard

Post by lzap »

Hey,

I am new to the game, well I played Dune2 back in the days but not much C&C. I am casual gamer and I find "Turtle AI" a bit challenging. Is there even more relaxed mode? :)

Whiplash

Re: AI bots too hard

Post by Whiplash »

Can you maybe be more specific about what you struggle with? The turtle AI is supposed to sit in their base and wait for you to attack, mostly. Are you battling to destroy the AI base? Do you get overwhelmed when they send units to you? Are you unsure of how to build a base and a decent army?
Proud C&C fan since 1996.

Punsho

Post by Punsho »

I think a simple solution is just to build more harvesters, you wanna get a minimum of 4 before producing army. Though you can definitelly produce some earlier, you just need to know the limits and not stall

kano

Post by kano »

yup and the turtle ai does not stay in its base in every play in skirmish i have tried it attacks full on before i can get more then like 10 rocket soldiers up and running and i have tried on multiple settings too it knows exactly where i am and spends no time looking even when i start with 20000 start money i cannot get a proper defense set up before i am facing v2 rockets which can target through the fog of war this is far from how the original was it was hard yes but not impossible i have even tried spectate mode with 2 turtles and they attack each other with in 30 seconds give or take they build power refinery and then barracks and go at it and they know KNOW where the other player is they do not look they KNOW

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

The next playtest and release will add a new handicap option, which you can set on the bots to make them easier to deal with.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

https://www.openra.net/news/playtest-20210131/ is now available with the Handicap option.