Walling & other cheaters

Recognize cheating

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
****WarChief****

Walling & other cheaters

Post by ****WarChief**** »

So I wanted to make a thread about recognizing cheating. Ive been seeing the term "Walling" allot recently and I'm still not exactly sure what people mean by this. Would this be an example? There some kind of glitch that can be done if you make a small section of wall near your yard or with a Tesla coil?

FiveAces

Re: Walling & other cheaters

Post by FiveAces »

It's not cheating, it's just the way walls work in this game: They block tank shells but allow Tesla coils to shoot over them, so walling off Teslas drastically improves their effectiveness against tanks. They also do not require a base provider nearby, so if you build a wall early on and then move out your MCV, you can still build more walls next to it without having build radius. Some people use that to wall off their main base and take a risky early expansion.

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

One "feature" of walls is that they do not require base provider structure (as far as I remember) and can be build near any of your structures on the map even if those don't have a Construction Yard nearby.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

i wonder if that could be hypothetically an option to the current mcv 3k5 in TD, as in to remove "require base provider structure" for static def, since early all in plays kill games before it gets into more competitive T2 midgame, since "truly expanding" is no more an option in TD now for SEVERAL YEARS...