Installing Problems... need Help

Framework

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
mchitmanyo

Installing Problems... need Help

Post by mchitmanyo »

Hi there,

first of all, sorry for my bad english.. try my best .. im german.

48 hours past ... i found openra 2 days ago.. with my VERY VERY VERY OLD Win 7 Computer.. i clicked on it .. installed it..and see it really worked..and runs quit good and i was surprised. so i called all my friends.. " Omg C&C is back, you need to install ..blabla "

second Computer ( windows 7, 6 core 8 gb ram nvidia.. so its a quite good gaming computer .. ) tryed to install ... During the installation .. ends with " need framework 4.6.1 or later " ... trying to solve the problem with 10 other versions of framework or openra .. always the framework problem ( even its higher version installed of framework ) Or new errors like " OpenRa.Utility needs to end the exe " View Log .. blabla 100 windows updates or instalations later .. same probs..

3 computer ... win10 ..laptop ... first try .. everything works fine.

4 computer .. win10 ..laptop ... same problems as computer 2 ...

i really tryed to solve it reading forum or inet.. nothing worked. and i couldnt find any person telling how he fixed it, or find a post or someone that solved this problem...

i am speechless..

thanks already .. greetings matthias

Sleipnir

Re: Installing Problems... need Help

Post by Sleipnir »

Try installing https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/d ... -installer on the computers where it doesn't work.

mchitmanyo

Post by mchitmanyo »

thanks for your reply sleipnir.

i followed your link.. tryed to install: it says " Your OS / System is not supported for installing this " i hope i translated well..

and a friend gave me computer number 5 ... to test ... same problem.
so now its 3 of 5 computers having the same problems.. wether its windows 7 8 10 .. doesnt matter.
this is so strange :(

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

" Your OS / System is not supported for installing this " Does it say this for the windows 10 computers too?

mchitmanyo

Post by mchitmanyo »

@sleipnir

On the Windows 10 Computers it Says:
Framework 4.6.1 or higher is already installed in this computer . Then it aborts the Installation.

Dont Think im lying or crazy... (ok i am crazy) but ... i just bought 3 Laptops and picked them up... Used and old ..
Finally After 50 hours .. and 300 bucks spent ( i bought 5 pcs... to get it startet ... the Last one installed openra without Problems.

With friends and neighbours and family we tryed to install openra on 12 Computers... and it only worked on 4 !! 8 people got the same Problems.. even with total different Systems or Windows.
At least me and my mates can start playing now .. but i still Think its a Problem. I guess there could be 40-50% more players online / in the community then we have now. I dont Think many people try that hard as i did to get the game running... the most will try ... and fail... and stop trying.... maybe you guys can try to Figure out whats wrong ( After 12 pcs, i Think the Text 50 Computers will have the same success with 3 of 10 .. ) that would Help the community to grow i guess.

And is it possible to donate a little Help for the little Developers/ people Made that game come online ? I dont care if its EA stuff used... i want to help. Privat and because i want so. My mates Too.