Red Alert freezes without any reason

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
modx

Post by modx »

Hello guys,

I don't know if anyone experienced this, or if there is a workaround for this sort of issue, but here's what's happening, followed up with a video that will describe the situation:

VIDEO

Picture freezes mid-game without any particular reason, as the rest of the game continues to "work".
I have uninstalled the game, deleted all files, and then reinstalled it couple of times already, but that didn't fix the problem. It's worth mentioning that I'm also playing Tiberian Down, and i never had any issues like this. I just don't know what to do. :(

If you have any advice, please let me know.

I am using this config, if that helps anything:

CPU: Intel I7 8700k
Graphics: Integrated Intel HD 630
Motherboard: Asus Z370-A Prime
Memory: 16 GB @ 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance
HDD: Samsung M2 Evo 960

Thanks!

Mod/x/

Sleipnir

Re: Red Alert freezes without any reason

Post by Sleipnir »

Issues like this are usually caused by bugs in your graphics card driver. Make sure you've installed the latest driver package available from the Intel website, or, if you do, try installing the second-to-latest version to see if the problem goes away.

modx

Post by modx »

That's the problem, everything is updated. At first i also thought it's some driver, but it's not. It all started to happen after release-20190314.

Luftwaffe

Post by Luftwaffe »

A lot of people have experienced this issue, I did too on one of the laptops, started when I updated the graphics card. To my knowledge, there is no fix except keeping your graphics driver on the version that works if you can spot it. Also, this keeps changing with the openra version, on and off.

On another hand, I have got some graphics issues with the new release, everything shows up pixelized in full window (default) mode.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

The next release will change the rendering backend from the legacy OpenGL 2.1 to 3.2. If we're lucky this will switch over to properly tested code paths in the GPU drivers and eliminate some of the more frustrating issues.

modx

Post by modx »

Well, first of all, thanks for replying back on the matter.
Just to give an update, it's still happening, but if i manage to find out what's triggering the event i surely will share the information, since i really think that this affects a lot of players (because i cant be the only one who experiences this sort of issue).

Reguech

Post by Reguech »

Been happening to me since last night.
Dunno if is something about the new patch or if there is something wrong with my laptop.
I have a Aspire A7 Geforce GTX 1050p Core I5+ and a Connection of 600mgs.
So dont know.