Installed movies / campaign & movie size

Installed movies cannot be found/settings option

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
3DMaster

Installed movies / campaign & movie size

Post by 3DMaster »

So I just installed the latest stable OpenRA build, and went to install my campaign movies for all three presently supported games. I have TFD installed; and the advanced installer says disc/installation. However, the installer will not find the installation for any of them; luckily I could find my TFD discs and it installed TD and RA from that, but I can't find my Dune2000 disc; but I do have the movies installed on my HD installation. Yet, there's nothing to be done about it.

Wouldn't this problem be easily solvable with a manual "brows to directory/file" option?

Although I can start the missions individually with the videos, there doesn't no seem to be a "Play campaign" option, can this be added?

Finally, I already saw there's a ticket for resolution options (I hope for screen resolution option and game resolution option; the latter being the resolution you see, blown up to 1440p.

Finally, I played a mission, and I found something odd; the debriefing video plays in a tiny window and I didn't see an option to go fullscreen, yet the CGI cutscene of the units following directly after the briefing and just before the mission IS fullscreen. I would like to see an option to view the briefing scenes fullscreen too.

abcdefg30

Re: Installed movies / campaign & movie size

Post by abcdefg30 »

3DMaster wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:02 am
Although I can start the missions individually with the videos, there doesn't no seem to be a "Play campaign" option, can this be added?
This is actually planned for the next release after the release we are currently finalising.
3DMaster wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:02 am
Finally, I played a mission, and I found something odd; the debriefing video plays in a tiny window and I didn't see an option to go fullscreen, yet the CGI cutscene of the units following directly after the briefing and just before the mission IS fullscreen. I would like to see an option to view the briefing scenes fullscreen too.
I think this is planned as well.