WHY HAS CANT THE SPY STEAL NO MORE??

come back to openra after a year lay off to find the bloody spy cant steal no more what the heck what improvements have the Germans got plz...

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Robotnic

WHY HAS CANT THE SPY STEAL NO MORE??

Post by Robotnic »

Answers i need answers

netnazgul

Re: WHY HAS CANT THE SPY STEAL NO MORE??

Post by netnazgul »

This feature was moved back to Thieves (as in original). Though it is likely that it will be made available for both Thieves and Spies in the next release.

Robotnic

Post by Robotnic »

defo bring his stealing abilities back

Printer

Post by Printer »

netnazgul wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:29 pm
This feature was moved back to Thieves (as in original). Though it is likely that it will be made available for both Thieves and Spies in the next release.
I would like to ask stealing credits does NOT revert to Spies again. In my opinion, it equalizes the utility of the Thief vs the usefulness of the Spy, as well as the Mechanic.

A spy's vetrancy on WF is extremely cost effective, not to mention information via scouting, not to mention the Spy is very helpful for breaking stalemates. There's also the hopefully sometime implemented super-weapon reset feature of the Spy which, I think will give it the edge again.

Please keep the Spy unable to steal (OR) at give it a much lower value theft.

ThunderStruck115

Post by ThunderStruck115 »

Great. So now we have the useless thief again.

Hands up if anyone is able to use the thief effectively.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

ThunderStruck115 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:16 pm
Great. So now we have the useless thief again.

Hands up if anyone is able to use the thief effectively.
*hands up*

ThunderStruck115

Post by ThunderStruck115 »

Well I guess you're too good for us mortals

DVoid

Post by DVoid »

The allied spy has always been able to infiltrate enemy refineries for along as I've been playing it which is a fair while 2+ years. The spy infiltrates production structures for veterancy or to shut down power for the enemy if you infiltrate a power plant and other things. Recently they gave spies new abilities like resetting a countdown on certain enemy structures like missile silos etc. I could be wrong because I used Russia mainly and now Ukraine but I'm fairly sure that it has always been a thing for spies to steal the same amount of credits a thief does when they infiltrate enemy refineries. The allies have loads of special abilities so I like to try and make use of thieves to try and balance this out a bit. I always use Soviets.

dixon84

Post by dixon84 »

netnazgul wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:29 pm
thanks, not keen on that solution, I was thinking adding a per-building cooldown timer on infiltration could be good. I.e. if a spy infiltrates a refinery that refinery can't be infiltrated again for 30(n) seconds, that way you can't just spam spies into a ref and steal the entire bank,MyLowesLife and power down requires some skill as you will have to infiltrate different power plants to keep them in low power. This would also fix the spy lock when base pushing. Be good to get some opinions on this.