Soviet Mission 8 - Investigate Elba Island Unbeatable on Hard?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Generalfeldmarshal

Soviet Mission 8 - Investigate Elba Island Unbeatable on Hard?

Post by Generalfeldmarshal »

I've tried several times to beat the single player Soviet mission Investigate Elba Island on hard mode and I think it might be unbeatable.

If you don't know the mission, you start of with a construction yard on an island on the bottom right with 4 causeways - 3 on the north and 1 on the south. There's very little ore on the island. While the allies attack in waves from about 5 minutes in. There is a ore on a different island on the bottom left but that's the route of the Allied units. There's also a church to the north with a crate but the cost of units to capture it is probably worth more that the 2,000 credits.

As far as I can see if you try and create defences on your island, you'll lack the ore to build a service depot and then some heavy tanks. If you try and build heavy tanks your base will get rushed. If you send your ore truck or trucks to the bottom left island to gather ore they'll quickly get destroyed.

I'd be interested if anyone else can crack it.

Smitty

Re: Soviet Mission 8 - Investigate Elba Island Unbeatable on Hard?

Post by Smitty »

I scripted this mission (sorry), so it is was hard to gauge difficulty as I wrote all the triggers and I've played the start 50+ times while debugging. I beat it by building up until just before you run out of ore in your starting area. Then, move out your MCV to claim the ore to the west. Tesla's behind concrete are your friend. Destroying the village gives you a mammoth reinforcement to the south, but don't attack it until you've secured your base. Flamethrower infantry do decent damage to the medium tanks.

WhoCares

Re: Soviet Mission 8 - Investigate Elba Island Unbeatable on Hard?

Post by WhoCares »

done

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ard.orarep

To kill tank and buildings you need rocket, to have rocket you need an allied barrack, there is one just outside your spawn. I chose tesla base-push to clean the zone and cap it. From there; tesla + inf blob, it just roll until cleaning the last boats. (can even toy with spy to scout and get veterancy. and yak to clean the static undefended ranger and arties.