Help! I messed up my Resolution!

Help! I'm a dummy, and accidental erased a zero and the end of 1080. Now my Resolution is 1920 x 108. Sorry if wrong forums

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Schlagzeuger

Help! I messed up my Resolution!

Post by Schlagzeuger »

Help! I'm a dummy, and accidentally erased a zero and the end of 1080 without realizing before it was too late :dead: . Now my Resolution is 1920 x 108. I can no now longer see the boxes to retype the resolution. The full screen hotkey is greyed out and does not work. I have tried deleting the settings.yaml file but RA no longer opens after deletion. I have tried deleting and uninstalling the full game but resolution doesn't reset after reinstallation. I have tried to find a way to manually change the resolution but am coming of empty. I am stumped. I opened the settings.yaml file but see no way to change the resolution(which I can only find by "showing package contents" not in library/application support, no openra folder at all). I tried to redownload just the settings.yaml file to replace it but that also made it not open. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am on a MAC, version 10.13.6. thanks!

FRenzy

Re: Help! I messed up my Resolution!

Post by FRenzy »

On PC it's : C:\Users\frenzy\Documents\OpenRA\settings.yaml
On MAC : https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Settings

under
Graphics:
WindowedSize: 1920,1080

SirCake

Re: Help! I messed up my Resolution!

Post by SirCake »

Hey, you can also modify the settings by editing a shortcut to the executable file. I don't know if it will work on mac or Linux, but on Windows you can edit where the shortcut points. Then just add the following lines:
"C:\Programs\OpenRA\Dune2000.exe" (original link)
"C:\Programs\OpenRA\Dune2000.exe" Graphics.Mode=Windowed Graphics.WindowedSize=100,100
Now you can set any resolution you like on startup.
I suspect you can also open RedAlert.exe (or whatever the executable is on mac) on command line and add Graphics.Mode=Windowed Graphics.WindowedSize=100,100 there.