Anything being done to buff France?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

WhoCares wrote: mgg should have the following behaviour to be worth it :

2 diffirent effects :

-Shroud generating with ability to toggle on/off
-LOS reduction for enemy unit as a permanenet effect independant of the shroud generation.

With that, it would become a good tools as you can use them as decoy while you sneaking your army by another side with an mgg set on "OFF".

When you would start a fight with your opponent's army, if your mgg has been unspotted and his shroud is off you can start the fight with a LOS advantage that can make a huge difference.
Interesting idea.. so you would "deploy" the MGG and then it's little "antenna" would start spinning and the shroud would generate.. then you deploy it again and the antenna stops spinning and the effect is disabled?

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Exactly, you can power down the defensive one so why not the mobile.

I had the perfect parabomb once vs barf just because he gathered one army around his mobile mgg, just a big black target for my badgers.

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

WhoCares wrote: Exactly, you can power down the defensive one so why not the mobile.

I had the perfect parabomb once vs barf just because he gathered one army around his mobile mgg, just a big black target for my badgers.
yea.. the mgg almost seems to be more of a liability the more I read into the scenarios you guys are mentioning

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

It is, and i totally agree with those MGG changes. In fact, that would make for some pretty badass plays and definitely could make a significant difference when micro'd properly.

The British sniper drop would be cool if the spy went to regular price.

I think the MGG should stay on France but with WhoCares changes and maybe increase France gap generator effect by 1 cell as "Advanced Gap Generator".

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

avalach21 wrote:
Mo wrote: Counter to spies as allies is using defensive spies. A bit more expensive but that’s the asymmetry that is RA.
Interesting... I didn't know that. Does it matter if your own spy is disguised or not?
No, shouldn't at all.
avalach21 wrote:
zinc wrote: I have suggested before that putting a spy in a pill box could give you auto-detection.
[...]
i like this idea.. does putting a spy in a pillbox do anything now?
Nothing I'm aware of (and I can't see anything in the yamls).
avalach21 wrote: can anyone point me to a list of what units/structures are able to expose cloaked units at this point?
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/search ... =%E2%9C%93
Tl;dr: <Cloaked> - <Detected by>
Mines - Minelayer
Subs - Sonar pulse, Sub, Missile Sub, Gunboat, Destroyer
Hijackers - Spy plane, all infantry (and all of the below)
Spies, Phase Transport, Camo Pillboxes, Snipers - All Defenses, Radar Dome, Phase Transport, Mobile Radar Jammer, Mammoth Tank, Spy, Dog, Sniper

I think that are all at the moment.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

abcdefg30 wrote: https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/search ... =%E2%9C%93
Tl;dr: <Cloaked> - <Detected by>
Mines - Minelayer
Subs - Sonar pulse, Sub, Missile Sub, Gunboat, Destroyer
Hijackers - Spy plane, all infantry (and all of the below)
Spies, Phase Transport, Camo Pillboxes, Snipers - All Defenses, Radar Dome, Phase Transport, Mobile Radar Jammer, Mammoth Tank, Spy, Dog, Sniper

I think that are all at the moment.
Last bit is a bit wrong. Spies can only be detected by Dogs and Other spies. Disguise logic is different than cloak. Spy can detect cloak tho.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

MustaphaTR wrote: Last bit is a bit wrong. Spies can only be detected by Dogs and Other spies. Disguise logic is different than cloak. Spy can detect cloak tho.
Ah right, sorry. I forgot we had the extra "IgnoresDisguise" trait.