Original mission French version

How to import french original content from CDROM

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Moon_LS

Original mission French version

Post by Moon_LS »

Hi !

I have all my old original CD of C&C, RA, Dune2000 in french version.

When I launch OpenRA, I can't import the content of my CD.

"No Content Found"

It seems to look only the English content.

Is it normal ? How can I fix it?

Thank you.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hi Moon_LS,
I have the german version of RA95 as CD version and installed the content manually.
There is no automated way to install non-english content at the moment.

How to install non-english RA content on windows:
  1. Browse "CD 1- Allies" with XCC mixer (allows you to open .mix files, which is required!)
    [get XCC Tools on this site: https://www.ppmsite.com/, scroll down to editing tools and download]
  2. Open CD:\Install\redalert.mix and extract with right click following files: (hires.mix, lores.mix, speech mix)
  3. Open CD:\main.mix and extract with right click following files: (sounds.mix, allies.mix, russian.mix)
  4. Put all these files into C:\Documents\OpenRA\Content\RA\v2\ and replace the openra files (make backup of ora files by renaming them)
  5. Now you should have non-english voices on all base ra95 units and non-english unit and building icons.
For videos:
  1. Open with XCC CD:\main.mix\movies1.mix\ and extract by right click all videos one by one.
  2. Put all these files into C:\Documents\OpenRA\Content\RA\v2\movies\ and replace the openra files (if any).
Please report back if this process worked for you!

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

Moon_LS

Post by Moon_LS »

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !

It works ! This is so great !

Thank you very much :D

I see that the general.mix have the mission info (mission.ini and other file), do you know if there is a way to update the mission?
I see that the mission are in ./openra/Content/ra/v2/expand/expand.mix/mission.ini

I have Counterstrike and Aftermath too.

Aftermath:
  • I have extract the sounds from /cd/main.mix/sound.mix and put it in the .openra/Content/ra/v2/expand
  • the video are in /cd/main.mix/movies1.mix -> All video need to be on the same folder than ra? or should I create a movie folder in expand?
  • Soundtracks are in the scores.mix file. Where did I put it? in the expand folder or in a folder like .openra/Content/ra/v2/music?
  • mission text?

Counterstrike:

idem

Finally, I don't found the other file that are in ./openra/Content/ra/v2/expand/expand2.mix like :
  • antbite.aud and other
  • stavros sound
  • tank01.aud

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Moon_LS wrote: I see that the general.mix have the mission info (mission.ini and other file), do you know if there is a way to update the mission?
I see that the mission are in ./openra/Content/ra/v2/expand/expand.mix/mission.ini
Sorry, we need to recreate the missions from scratch for OpenRA, so the ini files won't be used by the game at all.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

You're welcome =) Nothing better than increasing the nostalgia factor =) Glad it worked for you, too.
I'll add the procedure to the official documentation/wiki when I find the time.

A question, Moon_LS: All sounds and unit icons for aftermath exclusive units are working for you? See unit list here .
(No Counterstrike units in ora atm afaik)
Finally, I don't found the other file that are in ./openra/Content/ra/v2/expand/expand2.mix like :
Maybe those files are in another .mix on the CD like CD:\Install\ folder for the original game? Anyway, antbites should sound the same in french and english ;P

Check out Dune2k-Advanced on my moddb page!

Moon_LS

Post by Moon_LS »

I have sound for the Field Mechanic, in english.

I havent any sound for Chrono tank and phase transport

Matt

Re: Original mission French version

Post by Matt »

Moon_LS wrote: It seems to look only the English content.

Is it normal ? How can I fix it?
You need to add definitions for the French CDs at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/tree/b ... /installer

Code: Select all

OpenRA.Utility.exe ra --list-mix
will give you the offsets.

scouby999

Post by scouby999 »

hello, is there a working French patch for the Dune 2000 version of OpenRA?

If so, where can I find it?

Matt

Post by Matt »

I just added support for translating the UI recently in https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/18965 but it is still very work in progress.

paulineleroux

Post by paulineleroux »

Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:39 pm
I just added support for translating the UI recently in https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/18965 but it is still very work in progress.
Hi, I am interested in this translation as well.
Do you need help to finalize it ? I don't mind contributing to the french community !

Matt

Post by Matt »

You need to finish the layout engine first https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/18151