News Post: LINK
Happy New Year Everyone!
2018 brings another playtest, and what a playtest it is! With the number of changes in the hundreds it is truly titantic.
I've done my best to include the changes that will facilitate the most discussion but there are still many more changes that affect visuals, modding and more!
A huge thanks to all the developers that made this happen!
The changes affecting gameplay for this playtest are:
- Fixed dead vehicle husks disappearing when a player surrenders. [#13276]
Vehicle husks don't disappear if the owner surrenders.
- Fixed units and buildings failing to render in some cases when at the edge of the screen. [#13899, #14398, #14473, #14482, #14509]
Units and buildings will now always render at the edge of the screen.
- Added hotkeys for the observer statistics panels. [#13781]
The statistics panel can now be controlled using hotkeys.
- Added 'Enable debug commands in replays' option under advanced settings. [#13818]
Visual debug commands may now be used during replays.
- Added a server list tab to the multiplayer lobby. [#14599]
The server list may now be viewed from within a server.
- Removed the ingame IRC Global Chat. [#14496]
The ingame IRC has been removed.
- Fixed the AI treating naval units as if they were ground based. [#13609]
AI now give naval units special treatment.
- Fixed the AI building more structures of certain types than it should. [#14025]
AI no longer spams structures it shouldn't.
- Fixed the AI ignoring the shroud targeting superweapons. [#14492]
AI will no longer fire superweapons at units & structures it cannot see.
- Improved "Attack or Flee" decision logic. [#14466, #14468]
AI now have better engagement capabilities.
- Fixed unarmed units being able to gain veterancy via crates. [#14125]
Unarmed units can no longer gain veterancy via crates.
- Fixed Chronoshifting an actor multiple times overriding the original return location. [#14155]
Units will always chronoshift back to their original location if chronoshifted multiple times.
- Fixed submarine sensor targeting. [#14198]
Submarines now auto-target submerged enemy subs when detected by sensors.
- Fixed Supply Trucks being able to target Gap Generators, and not Chronospheres. [#14269]
Supply Trucks may now enter Chronospheres and but not Gap Generators.
- Fixed engineers not being able to capture buildings from certain angles. [#14539]
Engineers may now capture buildings from all angles (fixes the Service Depot capture bug).
- Fixed civilians not panicking when coming out of a destroyed building. [#14601]
Civilians now panic when coming out of a destroyed building.
- Fixed blocked enemy units being produced when an enemy factory is captured. [#14220]
Blocked enemy units are no longer produced if an enemy factory is captured.
- Added unique GPS indicators for Communications Center and Forward Command. [#14274]
The Communications Center and Forward Command now have their own unique GPS indicators.
- Added notification when paratroopers land. [#14161]
The "Reinforcments arrived" notification now plays when paratroopers land.
- Added more lobby options. [#14209, #14417, #14363, #14590, #14567]
"Limit ConYard Area", "Kill Bounties" and "Redeployable MCVs" are now lobby options.
- Scaled health and damage. [#14301]
All health and damage amounts have been scaled by 100 to reduce calculation errors
- Reduced damage to structures from exploding barrels. [#14314]
Structures now take less damage from exploding barrels.
- Units no longer target units revealed by the GPS satellite. [#14117]
Units no longer target units revealed by the GPS satellite.
- Disabled Tesla Coils no longer detect stealthed units. [#14370]
Stealthed units are no longer revealed by disabled tesla coils.
- Gunboat and Submarine are now available at Low tech level. [#14188]
You can now build gunboats and submarines at Low tech level.
- Improved Soviet faction crate bonuses to match Allies. [#14204]
Added flak trucks and apcs to the possible units a crate can give, added engineer to the soviet heavy infantry squad crate reward.
- Reduced Pillbox damage versus light armour. [#14244]
Pillboxes now do 10% less damage to light armoured targets.
- Light Tank weapon changed. [#14471]
Light Tank damage versus wood increased by 10%. Reload delay reduced from 22 to 21.
- Arty and V2 minimum range increased. [#14471]
Minimum range of Artillery and V2 Rocket Launcher increased to 5 cells.
- Grenadier explosion behaviour changed. [#14471]
Grenadiers now always explode on death but with reduced damage.
- Pillbox power increased. [#14471]
Pillbox and Camo Pillbox power consumption increased to 20 from 15.
- Fake building destruction threshold improved. [#14471]
Fake Building destruction threshold improved from 90% to 70%.
- Mig damage vs Heavy increased. [#14471]
MiG damage versus Heavy increased by 15%. HP increased to 75 from 70.
- Cruiser and Missile Sub range increased. [#14471]
Cruiser and Missile Sub range increased from 16 cells to 20.
- Cruiser accuracy increased. [#14471]
Cruiser inaccuracy decreased from 2c938 to 1c938.
- Missile sub accuracy increased. [#14471]
Missile Sub inaccuracy reduced by 80%.
- Depth Charge speed increased. [#14471]
Depth Charge speed increased from 85 to 125.
- Submarine vision increased. [#14471]
Submarine vision increased to 8 cells.
- Fixed tileset pathability issues. [#14413]
Fixed unit pathability of "north-facing" cliffs on tilesets other than desert.
- Added more lobby options. [#14209, #14567]
Added "Limit ConYard Area" and "Redeployable MCVs" lobby options.
- Stealth detection behaviour changes. [#14368]
Advanced base defenses and Communcation Center / Temple of Nod no longer detect stealth while low power.
- Scaled health and damage. [#14448]
All unit heath and damage amounts have been scaled by 100 to reduce calculation errors.
- Fixed MCV and Harvester being able to gain veterancy via crates. [#14125]
MCV and Harvester can no longer gain veterancy via crates.
- Improved selection box sizes for several buildings. [#14405]
Starport, IX Research Center and Repair Pad have had their selection boxes enlarged to their proper size.
- Added additional maps from the original game. [#14512, #14514, #14515, #14516, #14517, #14518, #14519, #14520, #14521, #14522]
Cave of Riches, Chin Rock, Gara Kulon, OH Gap, Jacarutu, Mount Irulan, The Minor Erg, Red Chasm, Halleck's Ridge and Tenaya have been added to the map pool.
- Removed most cloak/uncloak sounds. [#13872]
Removed most cloak/uncloak sounds to match original D2k.
- Building upgrades no longer require a Construction Yard. [#14433]
Building upgrades no longer require a Construction Yard.
- Scaled health and damage. [#14461]
All unit heath and damage amounts have been scaled by 10 to reduce calculation errors.