I didn't know this was a thing

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
PizzaAtomica

I didn't know this was a thing

Post by PizzaAtomica »

So I was just testing out a potential new map, and during the game I sent a naval transport to go and make its way around an island. To my curiousity it started moving in the wrong direction where I was sure the transport would not be able to pass... and then THIS HAPPENED:

https://imgur.com/a/51c8f

I don't know if this is an unintentional side effect of the transports being able to move a bit further onto the shore, or if it is supposed to be this way, but I think it's awesome so please keep it. :D

Maybe it's widely known (if so, sorry for this topic) but I've never seen anyone use this before, and imo it can really add a new dimension when it comes to map design. Up untill now I often placed mudbridges to the side of my maps because I didn't want to create a body of water where ships wouldn't be able to go to, but that's all going to change now! :lol:
Last edited by PizzaAtomica on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Yes, this is a side effect of this PR. Which allowed RA Transports to go more into shore to allow easier loading and unloading.

avalach21

Re: I didn't know this was a thing

Post by avalach21 »

PizzaAtomica wrote: So I was just testing out a potential new map, and during the game I sent a naval transport to go and make its way around an island. To my curiousity it started moving in the wrong direction where I was sure the transport would not be able to pass... and then THIS HAPPENED:

I don't know if this is an unintentional side effect of the transports being able to move a bit further onto the shore, or if it is supposed to be this way, but I think it's awesome so please keep it. :D

Maybe it's widely known (if so, sorry for this topic) but I've never seen anyone use this before, and imo it can really add a new dimension when it comes to map design. Up untill now I often placed mudbridges to the side of my maps because I didn't want to create a body of water where ships wouldn't be able to go to, but that's all going to change now! :lol:
your upload isnt working anymore. What happened?

PizzaAtomica

Re: I didn't know this was a thing

Post by PizzaAtomica »

avalach21 wrote: your upload isnt working anymore. What happened?
Dunno, I can see it just fine? Anyway it's a picture of the naval transport moving over a mudbridge.

Edit: It just disappeared for me as well, posted a different link

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

I thought all naval units are able to move over mudbridge.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

Doomsday wrote: I thought all naval units are able to move over mudbridge.
lol it kind of makes sense for the transport but i think it would be a bit absurd to see huge naval vessels traversing such shallow water

JOo

Post by JOo »

sure thing ...