FORCE FIRE ON CAMOBOX

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Hodor

FORCE FIRE ON CAMOBOX

Post by Hodor »

I guess anybody should know what i mean. If not, pls make it possible to force fire on camobox. Because Fuckuplevel 9000..

maceman

Post by maceman »

Yea, its when you discover a camo box, then it goes into the FoW, its impossible to target it without uncovering it again, even with force fire.

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional feature but it's bullshit, unrealistic and I hate it.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

Hodor

Post by Hodor »

cant understand why there have been so many patches but that shit isnt still fixed.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Doomsday wrote: I don't know if this is a bug or intentional feature but it's bullshit, unrealistic and I hate it.
This is a bug, yes: OpenRA/OpenRA#11265
Hodor wrote: cant understand why there have been so many patches but that shit isnt still fixed.
The fix is unfortunately not trivial and we're low on manpower anyway. Progress towards reviving OpenRA/OpenRA#13363 has been made in OpenRA/OpenRA#13995.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

*spamming camo pillbox right now ....."

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

You'r right the camo pillbox should of course disappear when the shroud covers it, this is a bug wich is not so easy to fix because every building actor freezes in shroud generally.
this has been complained here not so long ago btw http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... art=15#top

Hmm i'm not sure if you could make the camopp to a unit or just let it behave like a unit under shroud.

lucassss

Post by lucassss »

Materianer - I disagree that camo pillbox should disappear. Once a camo pillbox has been located, it will never move, so the player should know where it is. It's camo, not gap.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

lucassss wrote: Materianer - I disagree that camo pillbox should disappear. Once a camo pillbox has been located, it will never move, so the player should know where it is. It's camo, not gap.
I don't think it should behave that way, if they can be seen under shroud once they are revealed and be targetable would make no more sense to build a camo.
They have the same attributes and it would make no more sense to me to waste 100$ more for a camo then.

They had more health a release ago but have been "balanced" because there are some players who spread the imo stupid rumour that pillboxes are op.
They already had a price increase but however thats just my opinion about pillboxes and maybe i think that way because i usally don't build so much infantry or when i build i let them walk surrounded by tanks ( that way the pillboxes seem to be much weaker).

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Hodor wrote: cant understand why there have been so many patches but that shit isnt still fixed.
Ha....haha....ha. Good one. You probably also have no knowledge about how the development works 'round here.

There is (almost) always a very good reason why a new release does NOT fix a certain aspect.
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

jaZz_KCS wrote:
Ha....haha....ha. Good one. You probably also have no knowledge about how the development works 'round here.

There is (almost) always a very good reason why a new release does NOT fix a certain aspect.
To be fair there has been a multitude of reported bugs that need fixing such as:
Dogs
Hijackers
Permanent chat bug fix
Camo pillboxe targeting
Changing names in lobby
Yaks and planes disapearing off the map
Seeing ore being harvested in the minimap
Shellmap removal is now a lengthy removal process when it used to be a tick box.
Certain servers crash games of players for example the Au/NZ only server
Making the attack anything stance not chase units like theyre rambo
Soviet engineers speak in american accents
Pillbox veterancy
Spamming walls around buildings without an MCV nearby
The ability the spam walls super quick to block defences in the first place.
Timer for GPS being universal ruining the suprise of any allied tier 3 rush
Turrets in veichles showing the movement of the last thing they targeted
Music bug
Polaris and his servers bug
Etc etc etc

Instead we got an unasked for change that changed the whole dynamic of the game that has split the playerbase in two, and some balance changes.

Can you see player frustration now?

I for one personally would love all these problems to be fixed as priority so everybody is happy than pushing forward with new features. It wouldn't be a big problem usually as bugs are bugs and will always happen but that is one impressive backlog. I know a big part of player unhapiness at the new release was due to new changes being added but none of these well known problems having a fix. I've been playing since december last year and Hijackers have yet to recieve any love.
Last edited by Clockwork on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Happy wrote: -snip-
You better get coding then if you really care about OpenRA, because this is why none of that is done
abcdefg30 wrote: we're low on manpower
When you volunteer you can decide what you want to do or what you need done. Most of those bugs are only annoyances and don't actually ruin an entire game but it would be nice if a dedicated RA player could focus on these more trivial matters while the actual volunteer dev team work on TS.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

anjew wrote:
Happy wrote: -snip-
You better get coding then if you really care about OpenRA, because this is why none of that is done
abcdefg30 wrote: we're low on manpower
When you volunteer you can decide what you want to do or what you need done. Most of those bugs are only annoyances and don't actually ruin an entire game.
Funnily enough openRA did have coders but I wonder why they all left :)

Interesting you call them annoyances yet you had this to say on such an "incidious" bug i listed here.

And I do care about OpenRA, that is why I fight for it. Just because I do not code does not mean I do not contribute. I help new players get good, I stream, I cohost the Lorrydriver stream. I'm the tribunal meowderater on Catgirls community discord server. That is contribution. And thats another thing people are unhappy with, people assuming players don't contribute - Im sure moderaters, mapmakers, teachers, content creaters, streamers etc are so happy their contribution is not valued because they dont code.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (191.1 KiB) Viewed 17919 times

anjew

Post by anjew »

Happy wrote: Interesting you call them annoyances yet you had this to say on such an "incidious" bug i listed here.
That conversation was in the context of shroud on/off. I was saying how it can give more than just positioning information. But regardless, it's still not game-breaking, just incredibly 'insidious.'

Happy wrote: ...people assuming players don't contribute...
I certainly don't mean to demean those contributions but I'd argue that most of those things are the social duties of being a part of a community. Everyone should be uplifting players skill level, everyone should be promoting OpenRA and everyone should be helping moderate. Even I do all these things. The real heroes are map makers, content creators and developers. People who put in serious time and sometimes only get destructive-criticism or demands in return.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

anjew wrote: -snip-
I do agree none of the bugs are game breaking as the chat bug (credit where credits due the hot fix was out immediately but it needs a more permanent band-aid). However the combination and simultaneous occurrence of these bugs are the most annoying experience I've ever had. Especially them camo pillboxes, trying to fight them should be an anger test - it would be quite reliable. Overall there's so many and they negatively impact the game. Fixing them would have only positive responses and gratitude.

I agree as a community we should help promote and moderate. But there's the people who take it the extra mile. I've coached a lot of players and written guide etc etc. The streamers who consistently have a schedule and regular broadcasts for example ZxGanon. But as well I've talked to a few of these heroes who don't have the dev tag feeling their contributions do not matter because it isn't coding - creating a negative image of OpenRA in their head.