This is now your RAGL people.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

AMHOL wrote: -Snip-
I'll take that as a compliment ;)

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

Murto the Ray wrote:
AMHOL wrote: -Snip-
I'll take that as a compliment ;)
It wasn't :lol:

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

I'm not sure if I'm baffled or amused by this situation.

Stop guessing people's skill levels, let the league structure deal with that matter alone.

If you follow this simple, basic principle you can carry the league through hell and fire. It's what allowed me to create the league out of nothing.

Breaking this principle will produce scapegoats, uncertainty and mistrust.

Even if you agree with OMnom that the structure was misformed there was just simply no stopping it. Nothing could. Everyone knew without question they'd be treated fairly as long as the games were played and you weren't being a dick. The Rulebook was enormous but it didn't really matter. The assurance of the above meant everyone would feel welcome and willing to put the effort to have their games played. Following that, managing the league was relatively easy.

The league isn't a dollhouse. Treat it as such and you'll find it in the hole quicker than you can say relegation.

I'm having a hard time seeing the issue here. So League Forfeits was converted to Season Forfeits, meaning MT and Ozzy got a 2nd chance. This is something I'd avoid myself but mostly because of management issues where I was committed to follow up on strict participation principles (strikes). With an expanded leadership this could very well be a great decision.

As for the rest it's hard to see any other consistent solution than to fill up the rest of the spots according to the players' past performance as has been done with every other season. You simply have to reward persistence. This is off course my personal preference but it's also in my view that if you diverge from this, with no documented performance whatsoever (e.g. seeded tournaments) ... the effort demanded from both players and officials is no laughing matter and any effort to skew results beyond their participation you're gonna need a damn good reason for doing so or, IMHO, you're simply fucked.

That aside, I'm looking forward to start playing again.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

SoScared wrote: I'm not sure if I'm baffled or amused by this situation.
The league isn't a dollhouse. Treat it as such and you'll find it in the hole quicker than you can say relegation.
Damn, I can never find the hole, I just let her put[it]in.

I think people need to realise that this is just a game and treat it as such.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

SoScared wrote: I'm having a hard time seeing the issue here.
I'm having a hard time too, just found out about Zoie Burgher on YouTube...

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

@Murto thank you for for the forum policing however im confused why you left out all the information about the players being punished for speaking up as was the decision. Yes okay remove the not nice bits however you deleted the entire thing. Considering your on their side that isn't surprising you wouldn't want people to know about that. And it wasnt abusive it was telling the cold hard truth. Every time its "we do this for free" "we give our time", that is not an excuse to rule as an evil dictator.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Happy wrote: -Snip-
I'm not going to edit around your valid points if you surround them with inappropriate remarks. If you don't want content to be removed then it is up to you to present them in a manner appropriate for the forum.

Now this is getting off topic. If you want to debate my decision making then PM me.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Murto the Ray wrote:
I'm not going to edit around your valid points if you surround them with inappropriate remarks. If you don't want content to be removed then it is up to you to present them in a manner appropriate for the forum.

Now this is getting off topic. If you want to debate my decision making then PM me.
If it will please you I will rewrite it in a polite manner that you can check over once it has been posted.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

Happy wrote: @Murto thank you for for the forum policing however im confused why you left out all the information about the players being punished for speaking up as was the decision. Yes okay remove the not nice bits however you deleted the entire thing. Considering your on their side that isn't surprising you wouldn't want people to know about that. And it wasnt abusive it was telling the cold hard truth. Every time its "we do this for free" "we give our time", that is not an excuse to rule as an evil dictator.
policing, however, I'm

it's

FTFY
Last edited by AMHOL on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

That's fine by me.

AMHOL

Post by AMHOL »

<REMOVED>

Post by .1 »

AMHOL wrote: <REMOVED>
lol.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

This post is now locked as it went off topic and the initial issue has been resolved.