RAGL twitch channel

Link and donation link in description

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Raishiwi

RAGL twitch channel

Post by Raishiwi »

Here is the link to the official RAGL twitch channel, which I hope multiple streamers can hop on and stream games from the league. Be sure and follow and turn on notifications to know when it is live.

https://www.twitch.tv/openraragl

Make a note that there is a donation link below that will go directly to the RAGL fund paypal account, but if someone is streaming you will get a live thanks from the streamer as it will alert for one of us.

Hecthor Doomhammer

Post by Hecthor Doomhammer »

How are other streamers supposed to stream on this channel?

Also, does this mean that, if I want to stream some RA:GL related stuff, I am forced to stream on this channel, or can I just stream it on my own?

3.Lucian

Post by 3.Lucian »

If you do not stream to the specified channel, I will officially unauthorize your authority to author unauthorized content through your authorship as I am authorized to do so.

I will also personally hire a midget to kick you in the shins and urinate defecate in your shoes.

Post by .1 »

Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: How are other streamers supposed to stream on this channel?

Also, does this mean that, if I want to stream some RA:GL related stuff, I am forced to stream on this channel, or can I just stream it on my own?

No, this is the official Twitch stream. All matches will be streamed through this, but you're free to stream anything you want.. You just have to pay a small fee(joke)

Raishiwi

Post by Raishiwi »

Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: How are other streamers supposed to stream on this channel?
Authorized broadcasters, it sends them a specific unique stream key without giving them the username/password.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Nice! Will add this at the end of August. Would be great seeing different casters picking up games, live or replay. Or do a report on an entire round for a certain division.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

Post by .1 »

noobmapmaker wrote: Nice! Will add this at the end of August. Would be great seeing different casters picking up games, live or replay. Or do a report on an entire round for a certain division.
The goal here is to have a streamer broadcast a live matchup, We want to do "featured" match up of the week, so we could rotate who is broadcasting.

Raishiwi

Post by Raishiwi »

A little miffed that I even have to post this, but the RAGL Fund link on both my twitch channel and that of RAGL goes to the ragl paypal. That is why there are TWO links on my channel and it specifically says this does not go to fund Raishiwi and are for the prize pool. Glad to know most of you understand that and don't jump to conclusions, but for those who don't here is your clarification.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Raishiwi wrote: -snip-
TBH
The lack of clarification was on who runs the paypal. Just about anyone who handles the money is in a conflict of interest. Even Blackened (who runs it) is in a conflict of the interest.
But that's something that cant really be avoided in this situation, it was only avoided previously because the player running it had been apart of the community for 5 years.

It's naive to believe that no online competition has had dodgy people handling money. In the Counter-Strike: Source scene in Australia, a well known member of the community held an ODC (one day competition) for entry money. The ODC still happened but no player was paid the expected money.

It's much better to be transparent in these situations than be reluctant.
Don't take it personally but my mother told me to never trust people online.

Raishiwi

Post by Raishiwi »

@anjew, I get it, but it was mostly the attitude and social obliviousness from the comments that I saw. (you tried to defend me though) Just uncalled for and rude. I put up the extra stuff for RAGL on my page and helped setup the RAGL twitch to help the community, not cash grab. I cash grab enough, and have only ever given money to openRA.