My DIY MCV/ref IRL

What I do while I pretend I'm working

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
WhoCares

My DIY MCV/ref IRL

Post by WhoCares »

Ok, this is a totally non related RA post and i'll try to make it like it is !

As many of you know, i'm Belgian immigrated in Paraguay for the past 3 years, Independent, owning and managing with my wife a snack-bar (see my snack bar like a main base but right know, the ore is depleted and barelly enought ore mine to sustain). In order to grab other source of income (ore-feild) i used the past 3 month to craft from scratch a food cart (like MCV/ref all in one) to expand and try to find other source of income (ore feilds). There is a juicy one in my city where a lot of people are already harvesting so i'm gonna get there too.

Part that i bought :

- Used moto wheel
- Suspension of motobike 2 pairs
- All the screws, bolts and torks
- Iron barrs differrents sizes
- Couple parts for the cart and the moto
- Product to treat and paint wood and metal

All the rest is recycled or items I already had. All the wood come from aold pallets and lots of the metal is from rest of previous build.

Keep in mind that i never worked metal or wood before getting in Paraguay, I'm learning along I'm working. I diden't follow any tutorial and got all the features just imagining and anticipating all i will have to do with that cart.

Let's see the beast in Photo :

The cart is composed of 3 main parts : The body, the trailer and the roof/cover.
ImageImage

The body is the main furniture, it include a deep fryer of 40 litre, store compartment and gaz tanks and gaz tube protected by rigid plastic tubes

The body and the trailer are assembled with bolts so i can separate them in case i have a definitive spot to let the cart and take back the trailer for other use.

It took me a lot of time to figure out how and to realize it but i included suspention and it's much more complicated to do it than it looks. I'm glad that i estimated correctly the weight for the suspention and estimated corrrectly the balance of the charge in the cart so it reach equilibrium once loaded.
ImageImage

The Draw bar is also Attached with bolt in case i still need to "hand-roll" it but i don't need more to move it with the bike. It feature an extra wheel, the couple part and an extra handle for manouvering confort.

The extra wheel is reall confy to hand-roll the cart and i made it to have a travel position.
ImageImage

And when it's in use, i made 4 feets to stabilize it, they come with a transport position as well.
ImageImage

For the mobile part, i customized my bike to tract the cart and I made a transport crate to move the product one way and i hope money the other way, see it as my ore truck.
ImageImage

Of, course i diden't do all by myself, i had an assistant.(not that helpfull though)

And for the eye candy, the deployement animation of the cart !

Hoping that will interest some of you and for the ones that doesn't, you can reply with a simple "i don't care, you suck !" without any offence taken.

I'll edit my post later to correct the text now it's time to eat.

Whocares
Last edited by WhoCares on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

u suk <3
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

Crazy mofo XD
"I love the smell of JuiceBoxes in the morning"
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

FRenzy

Post by FRenzy »

Who cares ? You suck ! :P

So basically you're a mechanic reviving a husk to get an MCV ... nice trick.

Now go do some basepushing !

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

Btw it's nice to put a face to the little guy that often ear rapes me down your mic ! :P
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

zinc

Post by zinc »

Will this escalate to proper warfare with the additional funds used to purchase weapons or hire fighters?

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

If the income is good enought i'll considere hire some infantry to work on the field while i'll be back at the war factory to craft a second mcv !

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

With all the building, I guess you're now a Mechanical Man!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

NMM :lol: :lol: :lol:
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Impressive!

"Estimating" the loads on the suspension, you crazy. Glad it worked out though

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

First, thx

Yeah about that, my suspension systeme is not adequate, I suspecteed it but i wanted to try and ... i can't apply the suspension straight on the wheel axis without a proper reigid strong part. Today went for a test drive, full load, first i can't go faster than 20km/h, further it can become unstable and too dangerous to break. 15km/h is the cruise speed, i have been taken over by bicycles on the way back ..

Once back, i checked the cart and the wheel were a bit crocked on their axis so i'll spent the day tommorow to modify the suspension system in order to avoid that and keep the wheel straight all time.

I'll upload the result in foto for the ones who want to compare with the current system displayed on the post.