RA-Casts on Youtube

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
corrode

RA-Casts on Youtube

Post by corrode »

Hey guys :)

I am planning to also do some RA casts on Youtube. Yesterday I did a first check to see what can be improved to make it more enjoyable for viewers.

- Game will be in fullscreen, no frames etc
- Smaller picture of camera (me)
- In the lower left corner I implemented names, color, faction, cash and power as well as the production tab for both players

Especially the last part is really cool, but also annyoing cause you need 3 instances of the game open and running at the same time^^

Also I thought about some more stuff I'd love to have in there:

- Short introduction of Players in the beginning (awesome would be a picture/avatar and some minor infos)
- Short introduction of Map (at least when casted for 1st time)
- If RAGL (or other official) game maybe Scoreboard or sth

Do you guys have any thoughts or ideas which would help to improve the whole thing or anything else? Let me know :)

Also, for this Videos I'd really love to have a co-host on my side. Makes the Video way more dynamic and brings in different thoughts and opinions.

Just write me here or to insertcoon@gmail.com

Doomsday

Re: RA-Casts on Youtube

Post by Doomsday »

corrode wrote: In the lower left corner I implemented names, color, faction, cash and power as well as the production tab for both players
That's so smart :O
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

It would probably be very difficult to get people to do, but if you could get a player from the game to explain their line of thought/cocommentate that would be pretty neat.

corrode

:)

Post by corrode »

Thats an awesome idea! Would be very cool! I will see, will probably make an example this weekend!

corrode

Post by corrode »

For anyone interested, a preview of the main screen... still working on several things but keeping on!

Any more ideas? And rly no one interested in some co-casting within my livestreams? :)
Attachments
Bild2.jpg
Bild2.jpg (437.52 KiB) Viewed 9210 times

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

I can co cast if I'm on at the time i've been AWOL from RA recently.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

As said before, the quality of this is really good. And be great to see it come into full fruition.

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

That screenshot looks very good. Only criticism I have is kotg2 being quite a bad map. :D
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

barf_openra

Post by barf_openra »

Looks great. My only suggestion would be to replace the "score" column with "assets." Having a column for ore truck count would be nice as well.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I can co-cast with you, depends if i'm available, anounce your stream and i'll try to be there.
And if i'm not making the game lag OFC.

FRenzy

Post by FRenzy »

Wait ... how the heck are you able to show all these stats, on stream ?

I could understand this for a replay (opening 3 instances of ORA), but on stream I can't see how ... unless you join the game 3 times ? :? I'm curious lol :)

Anyway, good job, ggwp !

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Doomsday wrote: That screenshot looks very good. Only criticism I have is kotg2 being quite a bad map. :D
You shut your whore mouth! KOTG2 is where legends were born. And Died because every game takes 1 hour to play. :lol:

corrode

Post by corrode »

That Screenshot was more for the casts I am planing to do for youtube. Of course you could do it while streaming, but yeah, 3 instances need to join etc. Pretty annoying for stream but would be possible as long as i also host main game.

I maybe give it a try on thursday! Also, If someone wants to join me then to co host would be cool! Just PN me and i will send you TS3 Data (I know a lot of you use discord but change is bad and ts3 is oneclick for me :P)

I will check about "assets" tab next days. Is this Info about oretrucks somewhere visible within the game? If so its easy, if not its only possible for casts cause it needs to be added after recording in a cutting software!

FRenzy

Post by FRenzy »

Oh ok ! Yeah then maybe it's not worth the hassle during stream.
Just, when you're spectator, make sure you regularly show some info tabs during the game.

(But your design quality for stream is already good enough I think !)

For the harvesters count, it's under the "Economy" tab, last column