Men are being trained as veterans

Newly trained men walking out of the barracks as veterans

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Michaelc1985

Men are being trained as veterans

Post by Michaelc1985 »

Hello all,

I was playing online last night and i noticed the person I was playing against was training men they were already veterans as they walked out of the barracks. Is this normal or has he modded the game.

Thanks,

Michael

Mac Diarmarta

Post by Mac Diarmarta »

If you watch the replay, you will probably notice that the player producing veteran units at some point snuck a spy into an enemy barracks, which gives the veteran bonus to all new units.

Michaelc1985

Post by Michaelc1985 »

Does this work with war factories?

GeneralMelon_gone

Post by GeneralMelon_gone »

I think yes.

IronScion

Post by IronScion »

Yes works with war factories, as well as airstrip/helipad.
"Each denomination in the new series of banknotes will feature a different species of Australian wattle" - Mint Spokesman

GeneralMelon_gone

IronScion wrote: Yes works with war factories, as well as airstrip/helipad.
What about harbours? What about con yards? What do they do to radars? Tech centers?

Nuke silos?

Repair pads? (Actually damages the vehicles? Jk...)

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Naval gets you a sonar pulse - a support power that allows to you ping water for subs.
Radar dome regenerates the shroud for the opposing player.
Missile silo isn't a thing, neither is conyard or service depot.

GeneralMelon_gone

Murto the Ray wrote: Naval gets you a sonar pulse - a support power that allows to you ping water for subs.
Radar dome regenerates the shroud for the opposing player.
Missile silo isn't a thing, neither is conyard or service depot.
Wow, I had never heard of the sonar pulse until now.

Does spy > tech center reset sat or something?

I heard a spy could steal a nuke.

PizzaAtomica

Post by PizzaAtomica »

I thought if you put it in the nuke silo / iron curtain / chronosphere, it would reset the timer, but this is only something I vaguely remember somebody saying long ago, maybe it was just a suggestion.

Anyway, you can also put the spy in a power plant to shut down power (for about 20 seconds I think) and in the ore refinery to steal some cash.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

PizzaAtomica wrote: I thought if you put it in the nuke silo / iron curtain / chronosphere, it would reset the timer, but this is only something I vaguely remember somebody saying long ago, maybe it was just a suggestion.
IIRC FiveAces said that it may be the case during one of his casts but i think he also said he wasn't sure.

fernoe

Post by fernoe »

The effects of infiltration are listed here https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/T ... ateforcash

GeneralMelon_gone

fernoe wrote: The effects of infiltration are listed here https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/T ... ateforcash
Thanks but that's not a very readable format and information is missing afaik.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Spies:

Infiltrate powerplants to down the enemy's power for 20 seconds.

Infiltrate Buildings to gain veterancy on your own troops from that certain production tree: Barracks, Warfactory, Helipad, Airfield.

Infiltrate refineries to steal half the float (i'm not sure on this.) If the opponent is bankrupt you get the value of the spy back. Also does the same with silo's.

Infiltrate the Radar dome to turn the opponents map to shroud even with explored map.

Infiltrate the sub pen to gain sonar pulse which is a support power that can be used to unstealth enemy subs.

Use alt to disguise as any infantry unit. This also includes neutral civilians and zombies for example in Sidestep. So any human thing can be disguised as.

Force fire to insta kill any infantry or dogs.

Other spies can detect enemy spies as well as the radar dome, dogs, mobile radar jammer and certain base defenses.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

radar dome, dogs, mobile radar jammer and certain base defenses.
Nope, only dogs and spies can detect spies. Radar, Radar Jammer and Defences can only detect cloak, not disguse.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

MustaphaTR wrote:
radar dome, dogs, mobile radar jammer and certain base defenses.
Nope, only dogs and spies can detect spies. Radar, Radar Jammer and Defences can only detect cloak, not disguse.
Ahh alrighty