Current units (buildings) selection panel

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I had pondered this before, it would be pretty cool.

I would like to have had the Team Hotkeys being customisable as they're fixed to 1-0 currently.

OMnom

Post by OMnom »

r0b0v wrote: Only guess - there was an issue/request for 'Reload aircraft' hotkey (not all as with F), which wasn't liked.
Hmm...perhaps. I was thinking that it would be a lot nicer to have more actions to do with my left hand. Currently, most of the game is done with the mouse, and most players use only like 5 buttons on the keyboard.
On right side you mean as another tab (I didn't like in TW3 to have always switch to this tab and back) or in some place always visible (if choosen by user?).
Personally I don't care if it will be left/bottom/right side, just to have it available always.
And on the right side, I mean as a seperate sidebar all together (not as its own tab). It would just be "attached" to the main sidebar and always be visible.

r0b0v

Post by r0b0v »

eskimo wrote: I would like to have had the Team Hotkeys being customisable as they're fixed to 1-0 currently.
You mean in observer/replay mode?

Doomsday

Post by Doomsday »

I think he means control groups for units. (ctrl+number for making a group, number for selecting those units).
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu

r0b0v

Post by r0b0v »

Ah, right.

I updated the picture in first post with both versions - selection in bottom left corner and bellow sidebar on right.

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Yeah as Dooms said. The old CnCs were customisable so when i moved over it was difficult to adjust. Though don't use it much currently. Maybe 1-3 at most sadly.

r0b0v

Post by r0b0v »

@Sleipnir Please see my first post with updated picture with integrated Selection tab

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

This is a great idea ... as long as was previously mentioned, it has its own place in the UI and doesn't overtake the currently selected production tab. I mean honestly I have a ton of extra space on the Production bar near the bottom... not sure what resolutions you guys are running at. I would vote to have it at the bottom in a separate area underneath all the production icons, or just to have a bar along the bottom of the screen with currently selected units icons.