OpenRA unit and structure abilities etc

Somewhere to create a list of details for units

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Temprasphere

OpenRA unit and structure abilities etc

Post by Temprasphere »

After having a good look around, I have not been able to find information about what each unit can do.

For example recently I found out that you can use Mechanics to recover wrecked vehicles.
What else can they do and what other units can do.

Is there a list already of what everything can do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Me trying to put together everything people have listed here -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rifle Infantry:
They stop shooting when they go prone+moving, so it's better to use the "S" key to make they stop moving in order to get them to attack quicker.

Rocket Soldiers:
They prioritize air units over any other unit. Their AA is also actually a separate weapon, so you can hit "S" at anytime, and they will instantly hit any air unit, even if it has already shot a rocket at a ground target.

Engineers:
It takes 15s for an engineer to capture a building, and these engineers can capture multiple buildings. They don't infiltrate the buildings to capture, they just stand outside; you stop the capture by sniping the engineer.

Grenadiers:
These move faster than normal ground infantry and do a lot of damage to buildings. They also have a 50% chance to explode and kill all the infantry surrounding it, but the radius is very small. Because of this, it's a very bad idea to mix grens in with your own infantry.

Spy:
Spies can disguise as enemy infantry by right clicking on them. They can also infiltrate buildings for some buffs:
Infiltrate production building for +1 veterancy on your respective production building (infiltrate enemy barracks, you get +1 infantry, etc).
Infiltrate refinery to steal 50% of their total credits or the Spy's value, whichever is higher
Infiltrate Radar Dome to put the shroud on their minimap
infiltrate Power Plant to power down their buildings for 10s (i think its 10s)

Hijacker:
Hijackers can cloak while standing still. Currently, they can't hijack a moving vehicle -- it has to either be turning or standing still.

Medic:
Has AoE (Needs definition) healing effects

Dog:
Has 1 extra cell of vision over normal infantry

Flamethrowers:
Are actually not very good versus normal rifle infantry, especially versus moving infantry. They're more for quickly burning buildings down.

Ranger:
Can carry 1 passenger

Mobile Radar Jammer:
10c radar jamming distance
7c range cloak-detection reveal
4c missile deflection range

Phase Tank:
You can run enemy infantry over without being revealed, as long as you don't run into any buildings/units with detection or accidentally attack.
Last edited by Temprasphere on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

OMnom

Post by OMnom »

Unfortunately, this is the best thing we have : http://pastebin.com/raw/WDbQkkz6

It's rather outdated, and it doesn't list the spy and hijacker abilities, but it's all we have.

Spies can disguise as enemy infantry by right clicking on them. They can also infiltrate buildings for some buffs:
Infiltrate production building for +1 veterancy on your respective production building (infiltrate enemy barracks, you get +1 infantry, etc).
Infiltrate refinery to steal 50% of their total credits or the Spy's value, whichever is higher
Infiltrate Radar Dome to put the shroud on their minimap
infiltrate Power Plant to power down their buildings for 10s (i think its 10s)

Hijackers can cloak while standing still. Currently, they can't hijack a moving vehicle -- it has to either be turning or standing still.

Radar jammers deflect all guided projectiles (namely rocket solider missiles) within a 4c range. They also detect cloaked units.

I think everything else that you want to know is in that file...be careful with any Hp, Dmg, speed, and range values.

Temprasphere

Post by Temprasphere »

Cheers for that.

If anyone is keen I suggest we create a sticky thread that gets updates.

Any thoughts on that?

Chimpo

Post by Chimpo »

You can even put an mcv in a chinook if you know the special method.

Also your mechanic recovery thing applies to opposite faction, so is highly useful for gifting soviet tech to allied player in team matches.

Anti-air with missile subs is something quite a few people don't know or use . You need to manually target the air and/or change the stance (for them to automatically attack).

Minelayers also act as minedetectors.

Engineer can repair structures, including bridges.

WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

I diden't remember where i have read that but someone said that stealing enemy tech doesn't grant enemy vehicule.

I tested a thing and it does.

When ou have the enemy conyard, you just have to undeployed every conyard of your own technology to leave the build menu exclusyvely with opponent tech and you just have to build a war factory and you'll have access to the opponenet vehicule as well.

Tested and it gave me demo truck with france (and every other soviet vehicule).

Chimpo

Post by Chimpo »

WhoCares wrote: I diden't remember where i have read that but someone said that stealing enemy tech doesn't grant enemy vehicule.

I tested a thing and it does.

When ou have the enemy conyard, you just have to undeployed every conyard of your own technology to leave the build menu exclusyvely with opponent tech and you just have to build a war factory and you'll have access to the opponenet vehicule as well.

Tested and it gave me demo truck with france (and every other soviet vehicule).
Undeploying doesn't work (unless there's some particular sequence), you just have to make a new WF.

Temprasphere

Post by Temprasphere »

Everyone please feel free to post comments/suggestions for changes to the above list. I am trying to add/update it when I get the chance.

Clockwork

Post by Clockwork »

Tanya-
Mows down infantry like no tommorow. Right click on buildings to insta-kill them with a C4 charge but don't tell her to blow up a building that's under fire from your own troops as she will die to friendly fire.

Medium Tanks-
Not really a special button or something but they are faster than infantry which you could say is an ability so you can do some back line shenanigans with them.

Air and Sea units can change stance with ctrl+z to auto target units instead of having to be manually micro'd

If you use ctrl+z on riflemen you can change the stance to return fire so they wont shoot the enemy derrick but will shoot enemy infantry if your engineer is trying to cap it early game.

Migs can kill armored units and not be seen with correct micro. They can even kill a mammoth with good micro without being hit once by AA tusks. They have huge range and the best maneuverability

All that's in my head right now I'll edit when i remember more :D

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

Some late game issues:

Iron Curtain (IC) - powerful Soviet weapon - makes your vehicles into a + of Death that can be turned into a huge blow to enemies of the people !!!

Chronosphere - Alliance superweapon, two ways to use it. In attack teleport your mcv to enemy back yard, buld some barracks and do some terrible damage to opponent's supply lines. In defence it's more tricky - if you see some + of death or enemy teleports to your location - use it to teleport far far away.*
*Germans have a +1 range of it, that makes it a little easier to use.

Longbows (rocket heli) can target air, great against tanks but poor against infantry. Also theirs range are as far as MIGs.

Demo truck (Ukraine) - Is it late game ? Is your enemy have a huge blob of experienced infantry ? Show them some nukes, comrade !! 2500 imperialistic bucks and the battlefield is as good as clean*.
*Friendly Fire Warning.
If you see a Christmas gift approaching your base, commander, - do it fast - Yak, Hind or even APC, flak or light tank can kill it.

Shockies - these pitchfork guys are nearly unstoppable in blobs even without yaks vision. Just don't forget to provide AA units.
Tesla tanks are fast APCs armed with 360 Tesla gun. Like their machine gun brothers they can run out through enemy infantry. Use an IC on them and your enemis will tremble in *shock* !!!

Artillery and V2s - at first glance you may think that they're similar anti-infantry trucks. But there's some devils in details: V2s is more agile and accurate, Artillery has a greater range and firing rate. Both of them are fragile - cover them with your tanks and infantry and watch your enemies die.

lucassss

Post by lucassss »

Chronosphere can also be used (especially with germany) to teleport artilleries inside enemy bases or to teleport light tanks on someone's infantry blob (telefragging it).

mechANIC

Post by mechANIC »

lucassss wrote: Chronosphere can also be used (especially with germany) to teleport artilleries inside enemy bases or to teleport light tanks on someone's infantry blob (telefragging it).
Yeah, forget about telefragging and you can combine it with chronotanks. Chrono them with sphere on infantry and then you can chrono back with theirs ability.