Parabombs and crates

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zinc

Parabombs and crates

Post by zinc »

After the parabombs were improved for Ukraine, they were taken away from crates it seems.

Were they regarded as too powerful? Or that they should be faction specific?

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

I'm pretty sure they were not in crates, the parabombs was introduced with the subfactions.

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

They did used to be in crates but they sucked.
"I love the smell of JuiceBoxes in the morning"
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

klaas

Post by klaas »

They were in crates for a short while, like maybe 1 or 2 release cycles.

They were actually pretty powerful in the beginning, because you could take out a powerplant and put the enemy in low power.

In don't see any reason against including them again in crates in late game, might be too powerful at the 1 minute mark though.

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

I was talking about original Ra parabombs. I see no reason not to have them back for fun. Crates are usually disabled anyway and are always off for competitive games
"I love the smell of JuiceBoxes in the morning"
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Crates are ment for adding fun to the game. I tend to have them off quite a bit but in TD IE its completely boring.

For RA imo I would like to see these spiced up by adding an explosive nuke crate (Would you really risk picking one up near your MCV?) ant in a crate, etc.

Minotaur

Post by Minotaur »

Uber Mammoth as an crate only unit could work well, if had like 0.03% chance of occuring.

YuriMolina

Post by YuriMolina »

I remember a time, when parabombs where the same 6 units in crates and like 12 bastards for Ukraine's powerup.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

JuiceBox wrote: Crates are usually disabled anyway and are always off for competitive games
In normal games they are usally turned on, maybe 1 of 20 games when a host turns them off and if he disables em there are often people who grumble about that.
AoAGeneral1 wrote: Crates are ment for adding fun to the game. I tend to have them off quite a bit but in TD IE its completely boring.

For RA imo I would like to see these spiced up by adding an explosive nuke crate (Would you really risk picking one up near your MCV?) ant in a crate, etc.
We had a nukecrate a few years ago, i found them funny but they literraly destroyed too many games from the beginning even if at the time the nukes where much weaker than they are now.

In TD i know they are usally disabled because an early vehicle or moneycrate is just crucial.

Why not make a 5 min delay for the initial crates, at that time it should be a minimal effect or?