What should happen to migs?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zinc

What should happen to migs?

Post by zinc »

Are migs being buffed in the next release? Should they be? What should they be given?

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/12739

MiG
Vision range: 13c, up from 12c

Will make them a bit better to control hopefully.
I think the problem with mig's is that they are hard to handle, you have to pay attention about them like no other unit ( except the demotruck :D )
Also you should use them intensive to justify they'r high price.
They are good to snipe out oretrux and risky to use against bases, one suddenly placed aa gun and it will be really expensive.

If you are good in using Migs they can pay off on much ore maps.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Maybe lowering the price of both the longbow and the mig would encourage their use.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

zinc wrote: Maybe lowering the price of both the longbow and the mig would encourage their use.
The Mig is certainly a situational unit at the moment. I do enjoy using them but it's highly dependent on the map and the enemies artillery count. I think nothing else is needed at the moment; the extra cell of vision is nothing to scoff at.
If anything I'd look at the HP or damage vs. wood but that's an issue for later.

The Longbow on the other hand needs zero buffs or price reduction. I get Longbows in virtually 100% of games that go tier 3. They are damn good.
Had one the other day vs. Lorrydriver that got two chevrons, which if my math is right is over $8000 worth of kills.

AMHOL

Re: What should happen to migs?

Post by AMHOL »

zinc wrote: Are migs being buffed in the next release? Should they be? What should they be given?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLWJX2O ... .be&t=1862

klaas

Post by klaas »

I think MIGs need much more ammo.

One of the reasons TD air is so much fun to play with, is the in-air reloading. Last time I build MIGs in a game (admittedly months ago), I noticed how quickly MIGs run out of ammo. Using MIGs is mostly keeping them alive and reloading them, and the occasional snipe.

If the ammo-load is just 2 times bigger, you can really fly around the map and do serious damage, without spending to much time babysitting them flying from A to B.

Mac Diarmarta

Post by Mac Diarmarta »

Anti-air would be good for interception. It seems strange that a Longbow has anti-air, yet the MiG does not. It would also counter artillery, since vision provided by hinds could be knocked out by the MiGs (assuming the opposition does not have GPS.)

camundahl

Post by camundahl »

i think mig anti air would be great