Should we give Soviets their Hind back ?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Should Allies only have a (balanced) Longbow and give Soviets their Hind back ?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Yes
44%
No
48%
I have a different Idea
8%

Total votes: 48

zinc

Post by zinc »

People can give their opinions regardless of whether it's going to make a difference.

There is every reason to bring it back up *if you just feel like offering an opinion on it*. Who gives a fuck?

It's stupid to worry about something so trivial as someone offering an opinion on a subject in a discussion forum a bit later than some other people.

Seriously, if something this trivial irritates people, if you worry about such things, then get on some medication...

It's a discussion forum. People are going to post their ideas and opinions...

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

People can give their opinions regardless of whether it's going to make a difference.

There is every reason to bring it back up *if you just feel like offering an opinion on it*. Who gives a fuck?
I have to disagree. Opinions should be at least cursorily researched. Uninformed opinions don't add anything to a conversation.

This thread was 2 weeks old and not even on the front page. Although the opinion given is thoughtful, this thread had run its course. It had become clear at the end that the thread was going no where.
It's a discussion forum. People are going to post their ideas and opinions
This is fine but ideas and opinions should be centered around the threads purpose. There's been a lot of derailment it seems recently and that only serves to frustrate people.

zinc

Post by zinc »

2 weeks old is nothing. And a thread doesn't have to be 'going somewhere' for someone to post their views.

Sure you can object if threads get derailed. But I didn't notice this was the issue here.

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

I didn't realize discussions on a discussion board have an expiration date?

I also didn't realize that it could be "Too Late." It was my understanding that this is a discussion board for an Open Source project that is constantly in development. Even if no one agrees or seriously considers my idea, it's still a topic that interests me that I enjoy discussing.

A few posters have already commented that my suggestion makes a lot of sense and I actually feel it truly does. I think it is a compromise that would satisfy everyone, retaining the core balance of the game, making it more true to its original source by making the Hind available to the Soviets again, all while giving a fresh new unit for the Allies to look at that also makes sense (& also plays totally familiar).

I don't really know how things work around here, but if others feel this would be a good solution I encourage you to make a mod with this ruleset to experiment with (I will glady play vs you and Test) or suggest it for a future playtest or however that works.. unless it's for some reason "Too Late" that I'm not understanding?