Music Files

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
JuiceBox

Music Files

Post by JuiceBox »

Hey guys wondering if any knows how I can play TD music in RA mode ???? I can listen to RA music in RA and TD music in TD but I can't listen to the whole collection.

Cheers
Juice
"I love the smell of JuiceBoxes in the morning"
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

Really no one knows ???
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

You need to merge the two mod's music playlist together asin audio/music.yamls, then add the actual songs from one mod to the other. You need to take scores.mix from C&C, copy it to the RA assets folders with a new name and list that new name in RA's mod.yaml list.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

Spot on boss ty!
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

Been fiddling with this now for ages to no avail. If anyone manages to get this working I'd be mega greatful for the files

Cheers
Juice
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

Fortnight

Post by Fortnight »

Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!6xQ1VKSC!l4tiE8fYcA9z ... ngFm8-rRiU
https://www.mediafire.com/?tbl92zvo4qaqqa8
http://www.4shared.com/zip/2uWbYlabce/scorescombo.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gjag15
http://www.file-upload.net/download-122 ... o.zip.html

[tab]scorescombo.zip = 160994553 bytes (~153.537 MiB)

[tab]SHA1: E54B903BB61F5C4786C0F4D5467F7B7704446B13
[tab]MD5: B5A30095577BE456C09B8774DA6D2BDC

All links lead to the same file, pick one that works for you. I just made sure to have a few mirrors so this stays online for at least a few years. If anybody wants to add more mirrors to this thread I'd appreciate it (Google Drive or Dropbox mirrors would be nice).

[tab]Anyway the ZIP archive contains two files: music.yaml and scores.mix

Put "music.yaml" inside "<Path to OpenRA>/mods/ra/audio/music.yaml" (replace existing file)
Full path example (Windows 7): "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenRA/mods/ra/audio/music.yaml"

Put "scores.mix" inside "<Path to User Documents>/OpenRA/Content/ra/v2/scores.mix" (replace existing file)
Full path example (Windows 7): "C:/Users/YourAccountName/Documents/OpenRA/Content/ra/v2/scores.mix"

[tab]You now have all the classic C&C music in Red Alert when playing OpenRA! 8)

The mix file contains *everything from:
+ Tiberian Dawn
+ The Covert Operations
+ Red Alert
+ Counterstrike
+ The Aftermath

* = I've not included any duplicate tracks, for example "aoi2" which is exactly the same as "aoi" (Act On Instinct) just with lower quality and some speech samples here and there. I also skipped "valkyrie" because it's just the classic "Ride Of The Valkyries" and doesn't really have anything to do with Command & Conquer.

[tab]You can of course also have all of this music in Tiberian Dawn when playing OpenRA.
[tab]It's the same paths as above but replace "/ra/" and "/ra/v2/" with just "/cnc/".

Use wordpad to edit "music.yaml" if you want to exclude certain tracks (line feeds are missing so notepad won't show the file correctly). I'll point out that I've set "iam" and "rout" to be hidden because they contained lyrics/speech but you can remove the "Hidden: true" row below them if you want to (the rest of the hidden stuff was already hidden by default in OpenRA, for example the end-of-game music).

Enjoy! :) If anyone has the time to do it please share a mirror or two for scorescombo.zip with us.

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

Yes! Yes! And yes!!!
Thank you so much Fortnight! You are officially now my favourite person! You clever mofo! :) :) :)
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

Fortnight

Post by Fortnight »

JuiceBox wrote: Yes! Yes! And yes!!!
Thank you so much Fortnight! You are officially now my favourite person! You clever mofo! :) :) :)
You're welcome! :D

You might want to hide "j1" (Untamed Land) which is the song used in the secret jungle mission in Tiberian Dawn, it sounds a little out-of-place but I didn't hide it in the yaml file. Actually I just forgot to... :P

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

yes, thanks fortnight! :D

Sire

Post by Sire »

Many thanks for the score combo, Fortnight! While I mainly got it to get the Counterstrike and Aftermath tracks for Red Alert, having both soundtracks play in both games should make for an interesting time.

Again, thanks for the link and walkthrough!

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I'm gonna bump this somewhat, as it's useful, and more importantly ( :lol: ) i have a question that needs answering.

But thanks to Fortnight for holding our hands with this ;)

I'm trying to get RA2 + YR + Renegade + TS music into openra.
Really i have no idea what i'm doing but i've tried.

I can extract the files from the .mix to .aud or .wav using XCC mixer. But it takes lots of time to do, and i'm wondering if i even extract them all, and then put them into a .mix file together it's probably not gonna work. As i don't understand the .yaml creation properly, and i suspect there's an additional file needed for the playlist, or something.

Or there's possibly a much easier way?
and i'm just clueless with this.