I Appreciate Your Work And Honastly Like OpenRa

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

Open RA is amazing. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this project. I love it very much and I know many others who do too. Is there an OpenRA credits list/somewhere that I can see all the main contributors to OpenRA and what they have contributed?

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

avalach21 wrote: Open RA is amazing. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this project. I love it very much and I know many others who do too. Is there an OpenRA credits list/somewhere that I can see all the main contributors to OpenRA and what they have contributed?
At the main menu of either RA/TD/D2K in OpenRA select extras and it will have a credits list there. Thanks for asking about the list as it will recognize everyone who has spent a large amount of their time just to make this a reality ^^

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

Having joined the community approx. a month ago (but played OpenRA already before in 2015 I think), I appreciate the huge work dev team and all the people around it have done to keep it going. This game now sucked me into it deep, becoming the sole game I'm playing and attending.
But more than just a game, this project is a nice community to be in even if you don't play.

crlf

Post by crlf »

This is a timely reminder to me that I have not said this in a while, or perhaps to the right people. It is fun to play. It is well executed, faithful but innovative.

There will always be complaints about the little things, especially at the community grows and becomes accustomed to the quirks of the game, the engine and the mods.

These things resolve themselves over time - it is a living thing. That is an achievement. At a basic technical level the game just works pretty damn consistently. Engine changes I hear about and see (Gap Gen vision changes, engine switching) tell me the devs have their priorities right, and I suspect the success of the project relies on attention to detail, along with vision; a willingness to reflect on core design decisions, along with persistent application of good judgment to know when the time is right not to worry. And lots of work.

So thank you!