TD Aircraft

60 days to vote

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

TD Aircraft to use the helipad for re-arming?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 am

Yes
39%
No
48%
Keep machine guns unlimited but rockets limited
13%

Total votes: 31

Major Kusanagi Motoko

TD Air

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

delete
Last edited by Major Kusanagi Motoko on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

AoAGeneral1 wrote: As far as evidence goes its not required unless its a critical piece. IE: If one says chem troopers need more HP because of artillery fire then I would say "Chem troopers are not the counter to artillery."

If the individual says Chem troopers need more HP because of grenadiers then I would look into the gameplay first then make a decision.

Not all has to be hard coded evidence.
I thought about that for a while, and i just can't find a difference? Where is it? In both cases, Chems will effectively change vs arty AND OTHER UNITS (not just vs grenadiers.) So what exactly is the point of decision here ? Yeah, i better stop here. Cause it doesn't exist scientifically, only in your blown up ego and eternal always being correct about everything opinion...
AoAGeneral1 wrote: Back onto topic as far as the air goes im already liking their turn speed increase a lot since they can face targets more quickly for firing.
who knows if players will use anything else or if they will use air at all in TD once you changed it so, that you are able to actually win a weaker player as you using air ... Have Fun, Good Luck.
Last edited by Major Kusanagi Motoko on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Major Kusanagi Motoko wrote:
AoAGeneral1 wrote: As far as evidence goes its not required unless its a critical piece. IE: If one says chem troopers need more HP because of artillery fire then I would say "Chem troopers are not the counter to artillery."

If the individual says Chem troopers need more HP because of grenadiers then I would look into the gameplay first then make a decision.

Not all has to be hard coded evidence.
I thought about that for a while, and i just can't find a difference? Where is it? In both cases, Chems will effectively change vs arty AND OTHER UNITS (not just vs grenadiers.) So what exactly is the point of decision here ? Yeah, i better stop here. Cause it doesn't exist scientifically, only in your blown up ego and eternal always being correct about everything opinion...
AoAGeneral1 wrote: Back onto topic as far as the air goes im already liking their turn speed increase a lot since they can face targets more quickly for firing.
who knows if players will use anything else or if they will use air at all in TD once you changed it so, that you are able to actually win a weaker player as you using air ... Have Fun, Good Luck General.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

reference #1: https://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repl ... &id=316097

reference #2: http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... highlight=

reference #3: http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... e&start=15

last TD league games, Kyrylo vs AoA and the very soon light tank balance changes after that .. just do your research, ah no, you knew about all that already ... jeez stupid me ...

Major Kusanagi Motoko

@ Sleipnir.

please delete my Sleipnir account after a few days, i dont care to come back here again.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

@ Anjew: thanks for the idea you brought me last night :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzzaIez ... ynmm2dqxPK

im not sure you have the mental capacities to understand the context explained in this video, my hopes aren't too high but not 0 never the less that maybe u are evetually not as stupid as you behave here as well as ingame to players who are a lot better than you
. Poor helpless guy ... so ... i really hope this video can make you learn sth about yourself and actually improve your real life.

let me guess, you already think i meant myself among the players mentioned above, without me having mentioned which players i meant ? lol yeah ...

thanks for making me laugh again...

have fun guys ... do what ever you want with this game and thumbs up, just keep ignoring critics, so you can keep directing the game towards the direction you so much have worked already to ...

bye bye.

anjew

Post by anjew »

There is just some thing that is Always Unique, Totally Interesting and Sometimes Mysterious about you.
Despite your hextuple post you have still supplied zero discussion to the topic at hand.

Also nice pulse reference, someone else who never looked or posted in the TD balance thread.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

anjew wrote: Also nice pulse reference, someone else who never looked or posted in the TD balance thread.
I think Pulse and me didnt suspect that this td balance thread has such a fallout for this game.
The reason why i nearly stopped playing td is this Mcv 4k lameness wich almost entirely prevents players from expanding and having a multible structurebuild wich is a important part of TD imo.

@anjew
Could you please show me the part where the discussion about 4k mcv was in the balance thread?

I think @AoAGeneral1 did a good job in balancing this game but the changes with mcv where just much too heavy.
In view of that you need a service depot since the release of the big mcv change, i would have raised the cost to 2500 or maybe 3000 but 4k is often like build mcv and die except in big games.
Was just like an option or tactic has been stolen from a game wich already got not so many options to win in contrast to RA.

So back to the Topic: I think if airunits will be buffed quite a lot and will have to reload for that, can be funny but should be playtested well thx to @Norman_ for takeing this first step in his hand.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

@Materianer:

Page 4 in the TD Balance Thread. Could you make the same post on here in the balance thread? I don't mind if you just copy pasted this into that thread http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... c&start=45

Aircraft:

If they re-arm they will be buffed quite a bit. Currently if they re-arm im looking at something like increasing their damage by a lot allowing Orcas for strike attacks and Apaches as a bit more on constant damage.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Materianer wrote: I think Pulse and me didnt suspect that this td balance thread has such a fallout for this game.
The reason why i nearly stopped playing td is this Mcv 4k lameness wich almost entirely prevents players from expanding and having a multible structurebuild wich is a important part of TD imo.
That thread had the balancer, many top players and it now has 19 pages.It's really only your fault for not being a part of balance discussion but you still contribute more than Major so I appreciate that.
Regarding MCV 4k:
A vast majority of TD players agree with the changes, including most of the top 1v1 players at the time. Your strategy in TD was to build as many MCVs, defence structures and refinieries. Despite your predictability the strategy you employed of mass MCV and swallowing the map was actually overpowered. It got to a point in TD where the only way to win, even in 1v1, was building an early MCV and spamming defence structures. In RA just now they are having troubles with MCV balance. It was obvious this was something that needed fixing, especially in TD. So etiher you dont understand the problems with the mcv or like pulse, you just want an OP strat

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

anjew wrote:
Materianer wrote: I think Pulse and me didnt suspect that this td balance thread has such a fallout for this game.
That thread had the balancer, many top players and it now has 19 pages.It's really only your fault for not being a part of balance discussion but you still contribute more than Major so I appreciate that.
Regarding MCV 4k:
A vast majority of TD players agree with the changes, including most of the top 1v1 players at the time. Your strategy in TD was to build as many MCVs, defence structures and refinieries. Despite your predictability the strategy you employed of mass MCV and swallowing the map was actually overpowered. It got to a point in TD where the only way to win, even in 1v1, was building an early MCV and spamming defence structures. In RA just now they are having troubles with MCV balance. It was obvious this was something that needed fixing, especially in TD. So etiher you dont understand the problems with the mcv or like pulse, you just want an OP strat
Its my fault hehe i feel so guilty, Nah the truth is that i didn't felt elected to change this game.
I knew some of the best TD players wanted that changes so i just leaved them alone with they'r decision.
Another reason why i didn't step into this discussion is this bad english you all speaking wich i don't understand so good. (But nvm the dictionary is my new friend) :lol:

The discussion about that didn't happen in this balance thread btw

The mcv is not OP its just an important part of this game.
And its sounds funny when you say they just now having troubles with that,
This mcv tactic is really old and often used, before the buildradius was introduced players didn't build many mainbases but thats long ago.

Its more like there are too many new and dissatisfied out there wich post they'r thoughts here.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Insert Name has generously provided a map with several orca and apache helicopters that can be built from the helipad with several different types. Some with rocket barrages and even with the weak chain gun effect that is unlimited.

http://resource.openra.net/maps/17790/

I highly suggest playing this map in either 1v1 or 2v2 as this map works for either. All the aircraft in this test provides re-arming. Give it a go and give feedback on thoughts!

STX

Post by STX »

I voted NO. All fun with air units in TD is how they work now.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Bumping as poll is still in effect

flamewh33l

aircraft rearming

Post by flamewh33l »

hmm... here's an idea for you: what if you do both?

what you can do for when you are away from the airpad is rearm but it's dramatically slower, so you have to plan accordingly what your going to hit and run to the hills once you've done the damage with them and either wait until they restock or headback to the helipad for a faster restock.

this would allow you to see both sides, so you can either be strategical about leaving Apaches or Orcas around to scout and leave them to rearm while in the air OR send them back to the airpad to rearm at a faster pace, like maybe a 3.5x speed boost on rearming from the original speed of rearm (that you would tweak) and use them to help soften your enemy up for the bulk of your army to go kick some booty.

if that can be pulled off, i'd love to see TD professionals see that style of gameplay done, as you then get a yes on both, BUT the rearm in the air is slower and more risky than the rearm back at base, it's then just distance to worry about against the enemy that will be the deciding factor using that idea.

hope my brainstorming will have some people speaking about it to see what they can do about it. :)