TD Aircraft

60 days to vote

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

TD Aircraft to use the helipad for re-arming?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 am

Yes
39%
No
48%
Keep machine guns unlimited but rockets limited
13%

Total votes: 31

Assist

Post by Assist »

I noticed that if the air pads "or airfields for soviet" are scattered around the map, then the helicopters will not respond appropriately. What will happen is that only one helicopter reloads and the rest will stand still.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Do you have a replay showing that issue? It would be good to get to the bottom of that for RA, independently of whatever happens in TD.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Assist wrote: No.

If yes, we will no longer see air in the game unless you playing vs noobs.

Remember that: players that go air will lack heavy ground units and that was acceptable since you can do hit and run with your helicopters plus ambushes. Now with making the need to reload, it will be an impractical strategy. Reloading Helicopters requires lots of manual work, although the recent update fixed much of that, but still needs more fix.

I can accept reloading if you drop the price and time build of helicopters, then they will still be valid strategy.
I can see your points about how they would work in consideration of each type. While the air doesn't need reloading and can keep on the move it hits a certian barrier where they can't be buffed to much or they will dominate the game. (As legends told of them having a little to much damage and HP lead to their nerfs).

While the poll is brought up to bring in ideas of what people would like this doesn't mean the aircraft will be left as is. The poll will help give me an idea that if the re-arm goes through I can buff them to X amount and mechanic them to work as Z. While if the poll favors non re-arming then I can buff them to X amount and work mechanic as Z amount to keep them in a balance line.

Either way the aircraft isn't ment to be the one all and one purpose unit.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

anjew wrote: Its not like any TD players actually contribute right now
why should this be otherwise / surprising ???
anjew wrote: so im willing to listen to RA player since they care enough to post their opinions.
opinions based on ... ? ( with exceptions such as 5A, SoScared, Klaas, Amhol, Lucassss, etc... who do actually play TD from time to time and know the mod and the units behavior, exceptions most recognizable as that they politely stress that this is not their field of expertise )
klaas wrote: I have to admit I don't play TD that often,
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=opinion

anjew wrote: Im actually still waiting for you to contribute any ideas at all.
anjew wrote: Shouldn't you be posting something constructive instead of acting like an idiot?
seems like you lack the cognitive capacity to identify your contradictions, again, dear Anjew.
For clarification: An idiot is not capable of making a meaningful contribution nor analyze relevant information, an idiot is defined as someone who does harm to himself as well as to others at the same time. Besides, what exactly is idiotic about my "acting" ? What i did here so far was asking a question. Did i write down any suggestions which contradict them self or would end up making the game worse, less competitive and less playable, more frustrating and make players leave it ? Did i do harm to myself and others at the same time?

Maybe, if you could clarify in your statement :
anjew wrote: ... acting like an idiot?
what it is, that is idiotic about my "acting", i could do something.

I have stopped contributing a long time before you started playing, dear Anjew. And my decision for that you have successfully confirmed as being correct once more.
anjew wrote: In fact isn't aircraft your forte?
No, it isn't. Obviously, TD air is the same to everyone, regardless of skill, experience, status or whatever. Everyone gets the same units and is subjected to the same rules.

anjew wrote: Or do you just enjoy going from server to server saying "]last seen balance" yet not actually have any ideas?
I do have ideas. I do not enjoy what is happening to TD since the past couple releases.
Major Kusanagi Motoko wrote: From your viewpoint dear Anjew: what would than be the purpose for TD players to contribute in TD balance ?

why do you fail to answer such a simple question?

AoAGeneral1 wrote: This is TD Aircraft not balance.
you precisely make the point, AoA. TD Aircraft (as it still is until now) has nothing in common with balance. The recently heavily rejected suggestions on playtest maps
http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... &start=165 show why that is.
AoAGeneral1 wrote: Currently they are in need of some work as im well aware but there are a few options to go on this.
that is in general correct for each entity in the game.
Last edited by Major Kusanagi Motoko on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

AoAGeneral1 wrote: This is TD Aircraft not balance. https://youtu.be/yELV238wr-k?t=8m44s
@Assist:

As Sleipnir mentioned if you can put up a replay of the issue from RA that would be awesome.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

Helis dont need to be fixed any more they seem to work very well as you can see in this short debug testing replay http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repla ... &id=315894

The problem of many helis surrounding 1 helipad exsist only if you got more helis than free helipads.
But you can also see if a heli has reloaded and takes off 1 of the empty helis will approach the now unused helipad.
For me the best possible solution, needs no more fixes ...

I voted no here but i think If aircraft would be buffed count my vote as a yes.

But this is only another blank statement from a mainly RA playing guy :D

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

The aircraft would get buffed/reworked regardless of yes or no.

Its an idea of the extent. IE:

If the vote went through air would need to re-arm and the aircraft would see a damage buff of about 40-60% extra damage.

If no the damage would go up about 5-10% extra damage.

All of it is being worked on but either way they are going to get buffed. Mechanical wise and HP damage wise. Possibly even speed.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Materianer wrote:
I voted no here but i think If aircraft would be buffed count my vote as a yes.

But this is only another blank statement from a mainly RA playing guy :D
IF you are aware that this isn't RA, on which basis do you vote here than ???

Major Kusanagi Motoko

jaZz_KCS wrote: Yes, the fact that the Orcas do not have to rearm at the moment heavily contributes to their overall strength. Personally I would like to see all Aircraft have to return home in order to rearm though, I have the feeling that this would balance them out quite well.
dear Jazz, id suggest for you to play a few rounds of TD and see where TD air units stand atm.

especially after the mcv4k and ltnk 700 changes. maybe also from before that, so you can have an insight what is going on in TD balance and how that does not anywhere compare to the RA mod.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

AoAGeneral1 wrote: The aircraft would get buffed/reworked regardless of yes or no.

Its an idea of the extent. IE:

If the vote went through air would need to re-arm and the aircraft would see a damage buff of about 40-60% extra damage.

If no the damage would go up about 5-10% extra damage.

All of it is being worked on but either way they are going to get buffed. Mechanical wise and HP damage wise. Possibly even speed.

AoA, besides the unstable situation with mcv4k and ltnk 700 (or 650 in the near future).
id love to see your testing replays and calculations on the values you suggest.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Assist wrote: No.

If yes, we will no longer see air in the game unless you playing vs noobs.
in pro plays (team or 1v1), you don't see air in TD at all.
Assist wrote: Remember that: players that go air will lack heavy ground units and that was acceptable since you can do hit and run with your helicopters plus ambushes. Now with making the need to reload, it will be an impractical strategy.
well observed for TD teamgames Assist. There are only a few reasons why TD air currently can work in teamgames, and lots of reasons why TD air doesn't work in 1v1s.
Last edited by Major Kusanagi Motoko on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

OpenRA is all one program with mods inside of it. We may disagree on how the game plays in other mods but its all apart of OpenRA. No reason to put people down just because they play RA. All feedback is welcomed.

Im not fan of RA due to the current mechanics but I still play it on SoScared stream and have fun.

MCV:

Its not unstable. Its working just fine. http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repla ... &id=315980

Im sure you remember this game where I built a 2nd MCV vs you and won.

Testing Replays:

If you are willing to commit the tests in 1v1 let me know in IIRC. The replays don't work since I edit the files on the spot. Editing the maps itself hasn't been working in my case.

Team game pro plays:

I played with Anjew in 2v2 and he went medium tanks while I went orca play.

Assist

Post by Assist »

Regarding the aircraft reloading, I watched the replay and did not appreciate what the problem was. I think I probably reordered them to stop or something. I will try to reproduce it and test my theory again, then come back to you.

but other issue I would like bring it here is in regards to the transport Heli. They stacked over each other when landing. I had like 6 transports and they stacked over each other ( or say in one cell) while landing. I have the replay to demonstrate that.

How do u accept replays? just here? I am adding the replay as an attachment but it says General error "
Tried to upload empty file"

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

I actually use http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/ and upload it there. If its just for something else you can use dropbox.com and upload files there. Just make sure to include the map itself.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

I will prepare you guys a folder on my replay archive where everyone can upload replays for testing to their liking, if you (AoA and others) ever need to shove around replays or store them for later or distribute them amongst testers. Gamereplays.org/etc. may be not the best choice when uploading test replays that only work with the corresponding map.

EDIT: ---> here it is, click the ---> UPLOAD FILES <--- button in the upper right menu and follow the instructions. Everyone is allowed to upload replays and maps here for testing reasons, this is basically AoA's little Testing Ground corner...

http://64h.mine.nu/mIRROR/ora_replays/Testing_Grounds/
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--