TD Aircraft

60 days to vote

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

TD Aircraft to use the helipad for re-arming?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 am

Yes
39%
No
48%
Keep machine guns unlimited but rockets limited
13%

Total votes: 31

AoAGeneral1

TD Aircraft

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

This is a timed poll. You have 60 days to add opinions.

This is to garner some ideas on the TD aircrafts. Currently they are in need of some work as im well aware but there are a few options to go on this. Personally I want to see them much like CNC95 where they need to re-arm back at the helipad. So this will require feedback.

I have three options up. Yes, no, keep machin guns unlimited but rockets limited.

An idea I have is to add the machine guns to both Orcas and Apaches to enable them to deal with infantry while arming both of them with rockets. The rockets would need re-arming at the helipad while the machine guns wouldn't. These would be on a timed cycle needing about 5 seconds to re-arm before they can fire again.

This can enable me to buff the rockets greatly vs armor and structures and the machine guns to very poor vs armor and structures but make them decent vs infantry.

The current state of the aircraft with how they re-arm during flight makes it extremely tricky to balance as a slight adjustment can cause them to be to powerful. The rearming fixes a lot of this.

klaas

Post by klaas »

I have to admit I don't play TD that often, but one of the most fun things is flying around with Orca's killing stuff left and right, without having to worry about getting home. For me, this is the one thing that is actually much better in TD compared to RA. I'd love to have endless amo in MIGs, too.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

Yes, the fact that the Orcas do not have to rearm at the moment heavily contributes to their overall strength. Personally I would like to see all Aircraft have to return home in order to rearm though, I have the feeling that this would balance them out quite well.
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

SMIFFGIG

Post by SMIFFGIG »

What's the point in the helipad, if hey never have to rearm?
The un-offical addon for Tiberian Sun

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

SMIFFGIG wrote: What's the point in the helipad, if hey never have to rearm?
At the moment it repairs aircraft (you can't do that on the service depot).

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

multiple helipads also gives another queue to build from.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Giving it a bump as it is still undergoing the poll timer.

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

well, RA players voting and arguing on TD balance issues, very interesting ...

anjew

Post by anjew »

I really dont care what happens, just want something nice, i voted for re-arm just for old times sake
Major Kusanagi Motoko wrote: well, RA players voting and arguing on TD balance issues, very interesting ...
Yet everyone has a lot more posts so maybe they contribute to discussion more than your average run of the mill TD player

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

From your viewpoint dear Anjew: what would than be the purpose for TD players to contribute in TD balance ?

what is:
anjew wrote: ... maybe they contribute to discussion more than your average run of the mill TD player

, sry i cant understand that expression.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

This is TD Aircraft not balance.

The TD Balance Thread as you mentioned allows for anyone to discuss thoughts on their mind. In fact the idea of the silos came into affect from someone who plays a lot of RA. Discussion between different players happen.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Major Kusanagi Motoko wrote: From your viewpoint dear Anjew: what would than be the purpose for TD players to contribute in TD balance ?
Its not like any TD players actually contribute right now so im willing to listen to RA player since they care enough to post their opinions. Im actually still waiting for you to contribute any ideas at all. In fact isn't aircraft your forte? Shouldn't you be posting something constructive instead of acting like an idiot? Or do you just enjoy going from server to server saying "]last seen balance" yet not actually have any ideas?
Major Kusanagi Motoko wrote: what is:
anjew wrote: ... maybe they contribute to discussion more than your average run of the mill TD player

, sry i cant understand that expression.
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=run+of+the+mill

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Personally, I'm a big fan of current Orca hit'n'run mechanics.
They have their fair share of counterplay and are in no way an appropriate substitute for a well-rounded army,
but still feel really impactful if you manage to get picks on harvs/tanks.
They are more about poke and kiting than direct damage.
Not sure about Apaches, but at least they seem to be a really sturdy and solid orca counter.
Probably not as impactful as orcas, but that might have to do with most players staying away from mass infantry armies.

Assist

Post by Assist »

No.

If yes, we will no longer see air in the game unless you playing vs noobs.

Remember that: players that go air will lack heavy ground units and that was acceptable since you can do hit and run with your helicopters plus ambushes. Now with making the need to reload, it will be an impractical strategy. Reloading Helicopters requires lots of manual work, although the recent update fixed much of that, but still needs more fix.

I can accept reloading if you drop the price and time build of helicopters, then they will still be valid strategy.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Assist wrote: Reloading Helicopters requires lots of manual work, although the recent update fixed much of that, but still needs more fix.
What parts of the aircraft reloading do you think need more work?