Music is not working.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
bitacovir

Music is not working.

Post by bitacovir »

Hi. I jots installed openRA and I noticed there is no music at all. There is sound effects but not music. I downloaded scores.mix file and I putted it in content/ra folder but still there is no music. The menu extra/music shows the message No Music Installed.

I have Windows 10 64bits

SlayerM

Post by SlayerM »

Latest playtest is full of non-ordinary bugs. Weirdest thing - seems nobody (devs) care about it.

Materianer

Post by Materianer »

SlayerM wrote: Latest playtest is full of non-ordinary bugs. Weirdest thing - seems nobody (devs) care about it.
If you find a bug and want it to be fixed you should post it here https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues

SlayerM

Post by SlayerM »

I posted bugs in Disqus and forum in day of release of this playtest. I'm pretty sure devs read all this, i just do not understand why it is not was fixed immediately because nothing works good with this playtest (unlike previous one which was just great).

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

To the problem at hand: The asset directory has changed, "content/ra" is no longer the correct place. Use the mod manager to download or copy the music instead.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

SlayerM wrote: I posted bugs in Disqus and forum in day of release of this playtest. I'm pretty sure devs read all this, i just do not understand why it is not was fixed immediately because nothing works good with this playtest (unlike previous one which was just great).
Bugs take time to diagnose and fix. We are busy with our own lives, and can't just drop everything to immediately fix and push out a new playtest for each reported issue.

Follow the release milestone if you want to follow progress.

bitacovir

Post by bitacovir »

Sleipnir wrote: To the problem at hand: The asset directory has changed, "content/ra" is no longer the correct place. Use the mod manager to download or copy the music instead.
ohhh... I see. I was in mod Dune 2000 and it does not give the option of downloading music, only from CD. Now I downloaded music for the other two mods. But Dune 2000 still has not music.

Thank you

SlayerM

Post by SlayerM »

Sleipnir wrote: To the problem at hand: The asset directory has changed, "content/ra" is no longer the correct place. Use the mod manager to download or copy the music instead.
The first thing i did really. I installed openra, create support folder inside it, run open ra, it downloaded needed files (by the way - in Support\Content\ra). When i copy there movies, etc - they are not in game. When i tried to install files from DVD openra gives me an error and tha'ts it. Also i cannot find location of menu whre i can install assets, only time i see it when run openra for the first time (with empty Support folder).

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

1. RA game content is loaded from Support\Content\ra\v2, and uses different files. Copying the raw mix files from a game disc or old OpenRA install won't work (the different discs have slightly different files, and we need to transform them each in different ways to get a consistent set of data).
  2. We can't do anything about your TFD issue if you don't provide your install.log.
  3. Click "Mods" in the main menu and then "Manage Content" on the mod you want to install content for.

SlayerM

Post by SlayerM »

Sorry but i'm a dumb ass. Somehow i installed old version (0608) and all this time thought it's latest playtest. That's why there are no options for installing additional content from DVD and other stuff. Very sorry :oops: