Make Radar Dome liable for Aircrafts' vision range

[Idea] [RA]

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Make Radar Dome liable for Aircraft vision range

No
82%
Yes
18%
Indifferent
No votes

Total votes: 11

SoScared

Make Radar Dome liable for Aircrafts' vision range

Post by SoScared »

An offshoot idea from this post.

Simply put, powering down or losing your Radar Dome would lose you 2 vision range for your aircraft. Would have the effect of expanding the gameplay around Radar Dome tech. Hinds'/YAKs' vision range being 10 with a powered Radar Dome, 8 without. Longbows'/MiGs' 12 with and 10 without.

Thoughts?

raymundo

Post by raymundo »

I think this is a cool idea, it will probably remind me to power my radar dome back up!

An idea - Give it a radius around the radar dome where the planes will be able to receive extra vision (20 cells?), when the plane goes out of this radius it no longer has the extra cells. This promotes stronger defense near the base.

Another idea - I heard something about planes and helis getting an auto reload feature, this could also tie in to the radar dome being powered on (There is a flight controller in the dome scheduling them).

I can imagine that this stuff wouldn't be too easy to implement however!

Edit: originally stated too many cells

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

I dunno about this. The most boring games I come across are stalemate trench warfare base crawl. AA guns helicopters and arty the only saving grace in this is that before spy satalight allies have to scout for the arty los with helicopters, which gives soviets a chance to get them flackstrucks in action. Having a radar dome behind your lines will give the necessary los without the risk of losing the heli. I think it could promote this boring strategy and even overpower it. I like the idea tho, maybe make the radar dome like the nuke and crono so you can only have one so its rewards come with risk. This is in regard to rays idea about the dome radius.

The original idea I like. Gives the radar dome abit more responsibility.

As for the auto reloading aircraft I hate this idea I think it's lazy >.<

lucassss

Post by lucassss »

Another idea, sticking with my previous theme, building the radar dome allows you to do zoom out of 0.5x and 0.25x like one can currently only do in spectator mode.

Medium Tank

Post by Medium Tank »

Personally, I don't think your radar dome being powered should have anything to do with your aircrafts vision. The radar dome being powered on or off already serves a purpose which is you get the minimap. I personally unpower it because I don't really use the mini map, which the benefit for not powering is I have 40 extra power at my disposal.

My suggestion is if you feel an absolute need to change it, maybe change that when you power your radar down you lose the incredible vision it gets. Once it's on no power it goes back to a normal buildings vision range. This plays a factor into the newer use of the forward radar domes for vision for base pushing/spotting enemy blobs/whatever else.