ORA: Crystallized Doom (soon to be out for the public eye)

Anouncement!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
flamewh33l

ORA: Crystallized Doom (soon to be out for the public eye)

Post by flamewh33l »

Hello Commanders,

with the green light from Astor, the creator of the Crystallized Doom mod, I throw this together to begin the discussion of the 'CD Project' where people will enjoy with the fact this expands ORA's TS mod into high gear, basically being TS on steroids, with four brilliant working factions, two to come out for the players and even some new features that will be implemented in the later dates for example Naval warfare will end up being a thing later down the line.

with much to go on and the battles to be claimed, you are invited to enjoy the gameplay and to show that this mod is the way forward for everyone, Good Luck and Have Fun, Commanders...

where to find us:
Discord: https://discord.gg/aGraSdh
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-tiberian-s ... ct-nemesis
Last edited by flamewh33l on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron_Lloyd

Post by Aaron_Lloyd »

Awesome!

Medium Tank

Post by Medium Tank »

So Flamewheel, I have some confusion, is the mod currently released? Or is this a hey go try it out right now and let us know?! If it is not released when will the release date be so we can expect it on OpenRA?

flamewh33l

Post by flamewh33l »

Medium Tank wrote: I have some confusion, is the mod currently released? Or is this a hey go try it out right now and let us know?! If it is not released when will the release date be so we can expect it on OpenRA?
hey man, understandable about the confusion, the mod is still considered under the 'closed beta' phases though it is close to being thrown into 'open beta' which Astor believes should be either next week on thursday (11th of august) or next fortnight's thursday (18th of august), though it's not certain for a deadline.

you can head over using the discord link to join up and help speed along CD getting out of 'closed beta' and into 'open beta' or use ModDB for testing it out, though i think there is content in ModDB that needs updating, other than that we're to expect it's release to the public soon, but if you wish to be part of the closed beta and assist, follow the link and just enjoy.

so basically it's a 'go try it out and give us your thoughts of it' as of current, until it's released and everyone can play it

Astor

Post by Astor »

There is no real releasedate and no real deadline about Crystallized Doom. The closest thing I could say would be 2016, but not more.

Atm it is in closed beta and I still want to have control about the mod till it's really considered done.

As there are just way too many updates for a public beta kind of version. Just today I did like 3 updates, which makes it to 11 updates for one week. The pace is way higher compared to an open release and more direct. Since the first OpenRA CD version there has been a total amount of 66 version updates till today.

The highest chance that this mod will get a proper release would be next to an openra playtest release, but I don't want to confirm anything specifc, untill I am really sure.

If people really want to tryout the mod, then they are free to contact me on moddb or discord as example. It's not like I will forcefully lock out people who like to help and give feedback.

Hecthor Doomhammer

Post by Hecthor Doomhammer »

still waiting on some units to voice.
I'm not writing any lines myself tho, unless I get some inspiration from seeing what the unit does

Astor

Post by Astor »

Once Nod is finished the upcoming week, afterwards I will focus on a reworked list for the units which have no assigned voice yet and their quotes.

Will send you the details once I have it :)