lets make a ban list of people who troll, ragequit, etc

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Fruit
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:30 pm

lets make a ban list of people who troll, ragequit, etc

Post by Fruit »

76.198.31.134 aka Prophetmuhammed will probably change his name so lets add IP as well.
can provide replay if want.

noobmapmaker
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 am

Post by noobmapmaker »

Sry, against. It will not work, could lead to witchhunt etc.

It sucks to come across bad players, but we'll have to deal with it until we get useraccounts. Hope you have more fun opponents in the future!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

User avatar
Sleipnir
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:52 pm
Contact:

Post by Sleipnir »

User accounts aren't going to happen in the forseeable future, so you can't use that as an excuse to tell people to just deal with assholes.

lucassss
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by lucassss »

Maybe something like SSH keys can be used? Let's say I play against fiveaces, and I know it's him, I tell OpenRA to do a key exchange with him. Next time that a user with the nick "fiveaces" is seen, the identity is checked and if fiveaces can't authenticate, I have a warning saying it's probably a fake.

That way we can at least establish identities of people we meet more than once as well as not depend on a central server?

Fruit
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Fruit »

please watch my 2nd encouter with this lowlife
http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repla ... &id=313220

starts from 3:24
enjoy the rest.

more proof he is just sad person.

User avatar
Sleipnir
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:52 pm
Contact:

Post by Sleipnir »

We've been hearing increasingly more complaints about badly behaved players, so the player authentication and moderation feature has risen to the top of my priority list (sorry TS fans). If all goes to plan this will arrive in the release after next.

This new system will record stats of games played on ranked servers, lets server operators authenticate players for their own custom leagues, lets you show off badges earned through tournaments and other community participation, and includes a reputation / flagging system.

Image

User avatar
Norman_
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 pm
Location: TD Server

Post by Norman_ »

:)
Image

User avatar
Aaron_Lloyd
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Aaron_Lloyd »

Wow, Pchote! Really interesting screenshots you got there.

Impressive Stuff.

noobmapmaker
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 am

Post by noobmapmaker »

That is amazing!

Very nice deveopment!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

zinc
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by zinc »

Maybe the first thing to try is a code of conduct that comes up to "click sign" for anyone using any of the servers off of the main server.

zinc
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: lets make a ban list of people who troll, ragequit, etc

Post by zinc »

Fruit wrote: 76.198.31.134 aka Prophetmuhammed will probably change his name so lets add IP as well.
can provide replay if want.
Counter-jihad is needed with that guy... :D

weeman
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Post by weeman »

Could we not publicly post peoples ips.

AMHOL
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by AMHOL »

weeman wrote: Could we not publicly post peoples ips.
OMG, weeman is the voice of reason, what's going on here?

User avatar
Major Kusanagi Motoko
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

lucassss wrote: Maybe something like SSH keys can be used? Let's say I play against fiveaces, and I know it's him, I tell OpenRA to do a key exchange with him. Next time that a user with the nick "fiveaces" is seen, the identity is checked and if fiveaces can't authenticate, I have a warning saying it's probably a fake.

That way we can at least establish identities of people we meet more than once as well as not depend on a central server?

Personally i think this is a VERY great idea, since there are _unfortunately_ a few players who try to do damage intentionally to some regular players.

User avatar
Major Kusanagi Motoko
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

Sleipnir wrote: We've been hearing increasingly more complaints about badly behaved players, so the player authentication and moderation feature has risen to the top of my priority list (sorry TS fans). If all goes to plan this will arrive in the release after next.

This new system will record stats of games played on ranked servers, lets server operators authenticate players for their own custom leagues, lets you show off badges earned through tournaments and other community participation, and includes a reputation / flagging system."

Top priority highly recommended on this feature, because it would awesomely manage 2 things at the same time:
a) increase OpenRA's popularity by increased motivation to become a better player, hence players play more to get better, rather than raging at and trolling others (eventually).

b) protect the community of those who don't respect the identity of others regardless.

Post Reply