[RA] The official map pool - altering existing maps - part 2

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
SoScared

[RA] The official map pool - altering existing maps - part 2

Post by SoScared »

The previous map alteration process went pretty well so here's another round of maps that could benefit from a touch-up:

[RA] The official map pool. Altering existing maps, part 2
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/11143

If there's any comments or suggestions with a particular map you can go to the indivisual submitted tickets and add a comment there.

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

Coincidentally, I started making videos on the official 1v1 maps (their design choices and overall critique).

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

I personally think that synergy is much much more exciting as a 2v2 map. Makes going centre way more risky. Right now you must or else you will likely lose.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

@Kyrylo: I enjoyed your map analysis. Would be great if you took the time and revised Behind the Veil as you suggested in the video. Same with Bloody Delta - which looks like a bigger project given its' aesthetic value. If noone plays the map there's nothing to lose by altering it for the map pool.

@NoobMapMaker: The latest suggestion on Synergy prevents the immediate middle-capture. The gameplay will look a bit more as Doubles but with 3 players there's a lot of incentive to go Naval early, making it almost a hybrid Naval map.