Removing/changing artilleries will create whole new gameplay

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
PizzaAtomica

Post by PizzaAtomica »

Removing a unit because they are overpowered is a bit extreme don't you think?

I remember after Tiberium Wars came out, the game went through various patches and there were always units here and there that were overpowered. Seekers, Pitbulls, Avatars, Mammoth Tanks, you name it. If the developers would have followed your logic and just removed everything when it was overpowered, by now the only thing left in that game would be riflemen! :lol:

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

MustaphaTR wrote: MustaphaTR
Graion Dilach wrote: It's planned for a good while now - just noone got it there - to reveal actors to their targets when firing. See the discussion in https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/5061.

from above in this thread. Having units reveal themselves can be tricky though. You don't want any unit to reveal itself whenever it fires because then a rifleman shooting a barrel would do it or a simple misclick force fire revealing your army. That comes with severe punishment rather than casual embarrassment it should have.

Revealing artillery/v2/msub/cruiser is a good compromise. Gap gen's would actually be important then.

PizzaAtomica

Post by PizzaAtomica »

Blackened wrote: from above in this thread. Having units reveal themselves can be tricky though. You don't want any unit to reveal itself whenever it fires because then a rifleman shooting a barrel would do it or a simple misclick force fire revealing your army. That comes with severe punishment rather than casual embarrassment it should have.

Revealing artillery/v2/msub/cruiser is a good compromise. Gap gen's would actually be important then.
I assume the enemy units would only be revealed when they fire at one of your units, not barrels or the ground or anything.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

PizzaAtomica wrote: I assume the enemy units would only be revealed when they fire at one of your units, not barrels or the ground or anything.
Thats possible with lua already, i can make a test map if enough people are interested

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

With "only exeption should be snipers" i mean in RA2. For ORA i think adding this to Artilleries can be enough.