Air strike in Tiberian Dawn

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
droid6432

Air strike in Tiberian Dawn

Post by droid6432 »

I have a question about the Air strike power we get from Communication Center. Is this a feature from the original game?
IMO this power is unfair and annoying, its not fun to be able to attack the base without need to reach it.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

The A10s power was used in multiplayer but only found via crate boxes.

As for its used in TD I would say it is a vital use in ORA but I think it still needs work. The critical problems however consist of the following:

CD timer.
Location where the planes come from.
Planes cannot be shot down.

anjew

Post by anjew »

im not a big fan of the A10 but sometimes the enemy has walls and you need something to blow a hole in it fast

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

I don't play TD much but manking them targetable like D2K ornithopters sounds like a good idea.

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

If made targetable they should be made to always come nearest the communication center, that way they don't RNG across the map and get shot down. Also keeps them as a more defensive support power and a risky offensive one.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Spawning them near the Communication Center has been a talked about idea before. The problem this brings is they become an instant strike defense craft for any attacking force as well the other issue of different sized maps causes them to reach their targets from extremely long distances due to them being in the corner/side of a map.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Would it be possible to give them flares? They could perhaps use them to evade a few missiles before becoming completely vulnerable once they have expended all of them. This would give them more of a chance of reaching their target while not making them totally invulnerable.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

While flares is an interesting idea I haven't thought of they currently move extremely fast and outrun missiles. They only take hits when they run directly into the missiles itself.