Marn's Maps!!!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
klaas

Post by klaas »

Looks pretty marnsome, I think TS is going to be very popular.

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

yes, great maps :)

Nolt

Post by Nolt »

Those look nice, good job, makes me want to make a few tech structures for ts.
Creator of Shattered Paradise and Nomad Galaxy. WARNING, there are tons of gifs on both pages.

Marn

Post by Marn »

Nolt wrote: Those look nice, good job, makes me want to make a few tech structures for ts.
Man.. Could you on your spare time make an animated Flag on a pole(IdleOverlay) that would utilize player palette(uses owner color) similar to gdi barracks? That would help a ton to make existing tech buildings standout more :)

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

I'd more suggest giving then a gold wrench banner, similarly how Generals and RA2 went for them.

Although remap is also useful, so maybe there should be two flags on the same flagpole.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Nolt

Post by Nolt »

Marn wrote:
Nolt wrote: Those look nice, good job, makes me want to make a few tech structures for ts.
Man.. Could you on your spare time make an animated Flag on a pole(IdleOverlay) that would utilize player palette(uses owner color) similar to gdi barracks? That would help a ton to make existing tech buildings standout more :)
As long as you don't mind them not looping perfectly, sure, cloth modifiers are a mess to work with <.<
Attachments
Edit: How about this; Free to use to anybody.
Edit: How about this; Free to use to anybody.
flag0000.gif (32.66 KiB) Viewed 5743 times
Creator of Shattered Paradise and Nomad Galaxy. WARNING, there are tons of gifs on both pages.

Marn

Post by Marn »

Sort of not on the mapping topic but still worth mentioning.
Recently played with Nolts flags and got them to loop beautifully :)
Smaller ones are used for garrison-able buildings which thanks to Murto work as they should, for the most part.
Also for MarnTS I reworked little sprites for hospital healing and ranks, should look more elegant now.

Nolt

Post by Nolt »

Huh, I thought you were going to place them at the top of the structures, looks fine too I guess.

Marn

Post by Marn »

Nolt wrote: Huh, I thought you were going to place them at the top of the structures, looks fine too I guess.
That's what I did at first but when building became damaged they ended up floating =p