1v1 Match of the Month - January [Contest]

Submit your best 1v1 replays!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
SoScared

1v1 Match of the Month - January [Contest]

Post by SoScared »

Hey folks!

I've wanted to pick up regular casting again so i decided to focus on a monthly schedule. I'll be scouting the replay forums but if you know of some good games, please do not hesitate to post them here or on a gameplays.org forum thread: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/in ... try9875801.

I'll be making casts in style with the earliest casts I did a few years ago, with timed closeups, quick change of perspectives and whatnot. So if you get your replay casted as 'match of the month', I'll see if I can't make something special out of it;)

If time allows for it I'll put the submitted replays up for a community vote.
  • 1v1's only
  • All mods (including customs!) allowed.
  • No longer than 30 min.
  • Normal or Faster speed
First up is January. Every video will be available on my youtube channel at the beginning of the next month.

glhf!

Next up, February MotM.
Last edited by SoScared on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Mo

Post by Mo »

Awesome.

What's the play if people submit replays to different casters, say, yourself and FiveAces? :P

I'm sure you've already seen this link as you helped me with the map issue but I'll post it up here again as well, and this one is only 17 minutes ;)

http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repla ... ost9875517

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Mo wrote: What's the play if people submit replays to different casters, say, yourself and FiveAces?
I think it's ok if you post them to both FiveAces and here. If it's the best replay but FiveAces already cast it I'll probably just find another. No biggie:)

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Well I pretty much spoiled it on the stream but I took an executive decision and picked this replay for January's MotM (sorry mo). Raymundo (UKR) vs Murto the Ray (RUS) in a royal fight on map Sidestep. It's already been exposed in the stream but the youtube vod is gonna be a bit different, and possibly a nice promo for OpenRA.

Here's the highlighted stream if you don't want to wait for the vod.

*Because I decided January's MotM prematurely we'll make sure mo's replay gets casted as well. If not by FiveAces then by myself;)

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Don't worry, Mo's match is already casted and scheduled for release on Wednesday!
Ray v Ray was pretty intense, the yak crash around minute 14 actually won Ray the game (Spoiler: Ray wins 8)

Mo

Post by Mo »

FiveAces wrote: Don't worry, Mo's match is already casted and scheduled for release on Wednesday!
Ray v Ray was pretty intense, the yak crash around minute 14 actually won Ray the game (Spoiler: Ray wins 8)
Your commentary is just so on point!

"Tesla tank drive-by".

I love it!

(Ah yes, I made my first post here before I got your confirmation FiveAces, thanks :) )

klaas

Post by klaas »

Let me submit this 1vs1 on Sidestep (me vs. Hi).

Summary: low tier unit spam results in total carnage all over the map, making the map look like Northern France post WWI.

Probably a challenge to cast, because often battles happen on multiple fronts at once.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/146 ... 18Z.orarep

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

klaas wrote: Let me submit this 1vs1 on Sidestep (me vs. Hi).

Summary: low tier unit spam results in total carnage all over the map, making the map look like Northern France post WWI.

Probably a challenge to cast, because often battles happen on multiple fronts at once.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/146 ... 18Z.orarep
This is a great match. Decided to cast this regurlarly if you don't mind :) I can have it up tonight on the tubes. I already started working on the Raymundo/Murto match video for the MotM.

Would you upload it to gamereplays.org as well?

*I took the liberty to do both today:)

youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvVt9-1TswY

replay file: http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repla ... &id=309081

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

^Splendid video. Highly recommended!

jaymanxyz

Post by jaymanxyz »

Wow SoScared, that video was great. Very impressive production quality. Keep it up!

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Awesome! I've already see this match, but due to the very nice editing it was AGAIN exciting to watch.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Thanks for the praise! It's been commented that it's more enjoyable watching a cast where the caster hasn't seen the match before. It's also not as fun commenting a match that you know, no matter how great a match is.

I had an idea, perhaps appeal to various popular and semi-popular esport casters - offering the vod for free. They'd be getting the ad-revenue from literally free content and minimal amount of work. If the vod quality is good enough, some could take the offer and I could focus solely on the editing part. I prefer editing over commentary anyways.

psydev

Post by psydev »

You should do a separate one for TD as well!

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

psydev wrote: You should do a separate one for TD as well!
May I quote from SoScared's front post:
"All mods (including customs!) allowed. "

Therefore I would say it is only a matter of time when the MotM will turn out to be a TD or D2k one :D