Creating a marketingplan for OpenRA

Chime in!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

Mo wrote: That aside, I noticed an RA2 post on 9gag, with a nuke nostalgia sort of theme and not once in the comments did I notice people talking of OpenRA, I think it's just mentioning that sort of thing in current platforms.
i don't think that's actually remotely relevant at our current stage. RA2 is so full of issues that even the team is unsure about if it even could be an "official mod". Moreso at this point, I'd say TS should be more prominent and only when OpenRA is shipped with a TS mod should RA2 fans be aimed towards OpenRA.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Mo

Post by Mo »

Graion Dilach wrote:
Mo wrote: That aside, I noticed an RA2 post on 9gag, with a nuke nostalgia sort of theme and not once in the comments did I notice people talking of OpenRA, I think it's just mentioning that sort of thing in current platforms.
i don't think that's actually remotely relevant at our current stage. RA2 is so full of issues that even the team is unsure about if it even could be an "official mod". Moreso at this point, I'd say TS should be more prominent and only when OpenRA is shipped with a TS mod should RA2 fans be aimed towards OpenRA.
That's fair enough, but RA2 wasn't entirely my point, in the comments section you'd see people talk about the original RA etc and wanting to play these games, with people directing them to google torrent versions or something of similar terminology.

scorp

Post by scorp »

Graion Dilach wrote: CTRL-P. Then look for them where the maps are.
Thanks

/offtopic