Redalet Mig with air to air capability

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

Mo wrote:
PersianImmortal wrote:
Mo wrote:
PersianImmortal wrote: x
MIGs are better in scouting however, so if you're into map information late game they can be quite useful having 1 or 2 to scout the edge of the enemy's line more safely.

WIth a yak, you're guaranteed to lose it soon if the enemy pushes that line.
Until they get longbows
Either protect with flaks or micro your scouting.
Not building flaks late game and if I do for some reason I'm not putting flaks on the edge of an allied base and having them get picked off and it still doesn't change the fact that allies are much much better late game

And as for buffing their range it doesn't change the fact that any good allied player will just get longbows and I think it falls short of giving soviets the late game buff they need.

Gatekeeper

Post by Gatekeeper »

How about this:

Change the migs rockets to function just like the Submarine's torpedo's, being rather slow and dodge-able, but still fairly usefull. Range and damage might need to be edited to balance it afterwards, but it might be worth to test out?

Mo

Post by Mo »

PersianImmortal wrote:
Mo wrote: x
Not building flaks late game and if I do for some reason I'm not putting flaks on the edge of an allied base and having them get picked off and it still doesn't change the fact that allies are much much better late game

And as for buffing their range it doesn't change the fact that any good allied player will just get longbows and I think it falls short of giving soviets the late game buff they need.
That's fair enough. Perhaps allies are better in the late game, but soviets has more chances to stop that from happening by trying to pick off the relevant tech. Constant scouting and yak guerrilla attacks to delay it as long as possible whilst continuing your army advancement should see that through.

Granted for much larger maps it does become exceptionally more difficult. However for the smaller ones, I think soviets has the advantage in that respect.