Lazy Ore Trucks???

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
the-zoidberger

Lazy Ore Trucks???

Post by the-zoidberger »

Has anybody else noticed that ore trucks will stop collecting from time to time? It seems like once an ore patch is exhausted, the ore truck will do nothing. It seems like the type of quirk that can be easily solved...

anjew

Post by anjew »

I think it is intentional so that players can micro the harvester to the next patch rather than have it wonder off into enemy territory.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

It's definitely not intentional and sounds like a bug. Could you please retest it with latest bleed - assuming this is based on release - ?
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

folkilsk

Post by folkilsk »

Graion Dilach wrote: It's definitely not intentional and sounds like a bug. Could you please retest it with latest bleed - assuming this is based on release - ?
This has been happening since ra was first released. Get in, noob.

How to replicate: put five harvesters on a orefield.
Wait until ore runs out.

If there are other orefields nearby, the harvesters will go for them. If not, they'll stop.

Sounds like it works as intended.

newwe

Post by newwe »

folkilsk wrote:
Graion Dilach wrote: It's definitely not intentional and sounds like a bug. Could you please retest it with latest bleed - assuming this is based on release - ?
This has been happening since ra was first released. Get in, noob.

How to replicate: put five harvesters on a orefield.
Wait until ore runs out.

If there are other orefields nearby, the harvesters will go for them. If not, they'll stop.

Sounds like it works as intended.
Yup, they sometimes go to new fields when you don't even want them too as well (thinking vegetation, they'll stroll right into the enemies area after your ore runs out.

What bugs me is that they will drive long distances to a refinery when it isn't necessary. Ie 2 ore refs seperated by 15 or so cells on 2 ore patches, 3 harvesters on each, I see a fair amount of criss crossing that I have to manually stop if I catch it.