can't see my mous cursor

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Fruit

can't see my mous cursor

Post by Fruit »

How to solve this, haven't played in months because of this.
using win 8

SMIFFGIG

Post by SMIFFGIG »

change in settings to Hardware Cursor in the ingame settings

you will have to do this without mouse cursor, but you can see where in menu is being highlighted.

I get it every time i update OpenRA, is a bit annoying, but you only have to do it once and its fixed
The un-offical addon for Tiberian Sun

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Alternatively you can change the setting in the settings.yaml document in the openra folder in "my documents" by opening it in notepad and replacing false with true or vice versa

xela

Post by xela »

In order to see a mouse cursor you must first purchase and plug in an item of hardware known as a "mouse". Best regards.

Hoj

Post by Hoj »

xela wrote: In order to see a mouse cursor you must first purchase and plug in an item of hardware known as a "mouse". Best regards.
Lol.

I've actually had this issue a couple of times (even tonight), I find just minimizing and maximizing ra a couple of times fixes it eventually (not that minimizing ra actually works,lol).. though sometimes I have to restart (which I'm assuming isn't working for you).

On mine, when you cursor disappears, the menu text does too. Does that happen for you?

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

I actually have had this issue for 3 consecutive releases now, but there's an easy workaround for it:

Open the game and try to find the "Mods" tab in the main menu (you can still see the menu points being highlighted, even if the cursor is not there),
then click on it and change mods.
Your cursor should now 100% be back.

It takes some practice to find the tab, so try to move your mouse to the top left corner
and work your way down to the menu in wave motions until you see menu points being highlighted.

I have to do this every start, but I've gotten used to it, so it only takes me an extra 10 seconds.

Hope that helps!

Fruit

Post by Fruit »

SMIFFGIG fixed the problem. Thank you! :)