Assholes playing OpenRA

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

In general we should start game after game. I don't like it when people keep opening extra slots until there are 10, 12 players.

Mass games are fun but
- More often end in lag
- Make other people wait in the lobby
- Teams collapse like a cardhouse when a player is bad

Rather start 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4s. It results in more games going on and it keeps the rotation going.

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

noobmapmaker wrote: In general we should start game after game. I don't like it when people keep opening extra slots until there are 10, 12 players.

Mass games are fun but
- More often end in lag
- Make other people wait in the lobby
- Teams collapse like a cardholder when a player is bad

Rather start 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4s. It results in more games going on and it keeps the rotation going.
Not sure about the relevance for the original topic, but why not xD.

I guess teams will "collapse" even more quickly when 1 player is bad in a 2v2 than in a 5v5

deniz1a

Post by deniz1a »

If only there was a utility command to extract chat from replays...

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

Have fun with scientific concepts and conclusive evidence.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

deniz1a wrote: If only there was a utility command to extract chat from replays...
You can however start the game and hit enter once the replay starts and the chat log will be in there. You can then post screenshots that way.

deniz1a

Post by deniz1a »

What's the unbeatable IC-lock strategy in Tox maps?

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

zoidyberg wrote: Have fun with scientific concepts and conclusive evidence.
:z
deniz1a wrote: If only there was a utility command to extract chat from replays...
are you threatening me with further "leaks" of my indecent behavior? xD
deniz1a wrote: What's the unbeatable IC-lock strategy in Tox maps?
first i want to see your chat logs!

deniz1a

Post by deniz1a »

Schefmonstah, it is clear from the replay hotze posted that you are a bad player. Your actions led to the loss of lives of servicemen and valuable equipment. You did not deploy your MCV when you had the opportunity and continued down through enemy territory. This eventually resulted in Team 1 losing that crucial battle. How do you explain this blunder?

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

deniz1a wrote: Schefmonstah, it is clear from the replay hotze posted that you are a bad player. Your actions led to the loss of lives of servicemen and valuable equipment. You did not deploy your MCV when you had the opportunity and continued down through enemy territory. This eventually resulted in Team 1 losing that crucial battle. How do you explain this blunder?
Bruce Lee wrote:Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

Glad you got butthurt enough to share this.

weeman

Wtf

Post by weeman »

This is the real weeman. Where is this traitorous treasoner posting pics. Link please

newwe

Post by newwe »

Schefmonstah wrote: Haha, really?

Haters gonna hate.

No but seriously, theres a scientific concept (forgot the name) referring to that very situation here which you can break down to "The first to raise his voice gets the most approval". Just look at the first 2 replies to the OP. They cant confirm
I've played a fair number of games with them and haven't seen anything too bad
, but still silently agree.

Anway, several guys that I saw ingame today just don't seem to give a shit.

#kindergarten
Because the evidence is pretty damning and Hotze has a better rep than you imo. The openra community is pretty small so sometimes you have to play with people you'd rather not. I will say in my experience you are very keen on stacking your teams which results in pointless games. I played games with yes no recently and it went fine, that's not to say I condone his actions shown in this thread. I'm not perfect either but lagging out games is pretty low imo.
Glad you got butthurt enough to share this.
C'mon Taylor, you're really on Schef's side on this? You're going to make a great defense lawyer.

zinc

Post by zinc »

PersianImmortal wrote: Glad you got butthurt enough to share this.
If anyone really has been deliberately lagging games, then it deserves to be "shared".

I doubt many would disagree...

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Schefmonstah wrote:
Not sure about the relevance for the original topic, but why not xD.

I guess teams will "collapse" even more quickly when 1 player is bad in a 2v2 than in a 5v5
It mostly applies to quiet times. Then it is best to keep games small so more games per hour start. Because then it's easier for players that are logging in to join a new game without waiting a long time.

Also if there are more games starting people don't need to lag out games so "everyone" joins their next game.

When it is busy and games fill up easily, then 10+ player games are no problem.

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

C'mon Taylor, you're really on Schef's side on this? You're going to make a great defense lawyer.
I'm on his side because this game is self regulating. If someone has a problem with how he plays then they are free to go to another server. If he's intentionally lagging out games on another server then an intelligent host can figure out who is causing the issue and ban them from the next game. Exact same reasons why I oppose the automated color system. If it's an issue tell them to change it or ban them.
I also have always enjoyed playing with people like schef and weeman, despite the fact that people think they're "assholes". They make the game interesting and competitive. Trash talking/ poking fun at people and competition go hand and hand. I play competitive paintball and competitive WoT and i love the trash talking because it's in good fun and as i said comes with competition. Plus if someone is really getting under your skin, you can just ignore them or settle the issue on the field.