[RA] Chasing Map Feedback - The Little One

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Mistikal

[RA] Chasing Map Feedback - The Little One

Post by Mistikal »

Have had this map for many years, used to play it in a slightly different config on RA95 with the Hi-res mod.

Chasing feedback and comments on the overall feeling of the map - all criticism is welcome!

http://resource.openra.net/maps/3652

A little bit about the map:

8 player map, some base sites are small and some are a little larger. A cash trickler (stolen from the Oil Derrick) has been added to the ConYard as the AI tends to send their harvesters to stupid places.

A 'creeps' base was added but it does not need to be touched really, they are set to NonCombatant and do not need to be destroyed/etc to win the match. Purely for asthetics and I may change or remove it yet.

There are two changes I am planning to make shortly:
- The river bridge on the center island, will change this to a mud bridge rather than concrete bridge, as when it is destroyed, the AI placed on that island sends all their harvs to really stupid places and are picked off easily/quickly.
- Remove gems and gem mine from the right side of that same bridge.

I enjoy making maps that contain many visual details, to give the feeling of realism like the stock Westwood maps do. I do have 2 more but I need to polish them before they go public.

Please be as nice or as harsh as you like, and tell me where you feel things could be improved upon - rather than just slagging something out, please instead offer your own personal opinion on how something can be changed to benefit the overall playing experience!

Thanks in advance!